Can I use a stylus pen on my TMB311R-31-C16W

schneebay
schneebay Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in TravelMate and Extensa

Stylus pens are available for B311RN, which my device is NOT. What if I bought a stylus pen and use it on my computer anyway? If an active stylus pen does not work on my computer, what's the next best thing to write and draw on my screen?

Model: TMB311R-31-C16W

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer

Here's the link to the active stylus compatibility chart which shows the 311R is not compatible near the bottom of the chart. The next best thing is the passive eraser-tip type pen that essentially mimics your pinky finger. Usually less than $5 from a Walmart or dollar store unless you want one studded with rhinestones & a nice pearlescent lacquer clear-coat paint job. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• schneebay
    schneebay Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for your answer! I just bought two passive pens for 4.4 Chinese yuan ($0.6) and hope they work...

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Yes, any of the pens with the blunt rubber types will work fine. Your model doesn't have an active digitizer (that's what the N specifies) so the active pens will not work at all.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.