Finding SNID via PowerShell. Any option to automate this.

keithcraig
keithcraig Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2022 in TravelMate and Extensa

HI,

I am trying to find a way to query the SNID for laptops via PowerShell. Our device management system only shows the serial number but the invoices and warranty tracking from our supplier is based on the SNID. I can run the detection utility manually, but I would like to automate this. Any suggestions?

thanks

Keith

[Edited the content to issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

At the administrative PS command prompt, enter 'wmic bios get serialnumber'. The result is the machine's embedded serial number id (SNID)

Jack E/NJ

• keithcraig
    keithcraig Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks, however this gives the NXPV..... serial number which I can get currently. I am looking for the 20900.... SNID

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Sorry. Powershell can only access the Insyde BIOS serial number. The SNID seems to be an Acer production number. The SNID is apparently assigned to and uniquely represents each Insyde BIOS serial number at the time of assembly. The proprietary AcerCareCenter or S/N DetectionTool seem to be needed to derive the Acer production number from the Insyde BIOS serial number. Unlikely that anyone on these forums can reveal the derivation algorithm used in the Acer software. Sorry again.

Jack E/NJ