Nitro 5 AN515-54 - Change SATA mode from RST to AHCI

2»

Answers

• monie
    monie Member Posts: 4 New User
    is unable to recognize the ssd .. i tried finding the hidden sata setting by pressing ctrl+s but no change. any quick reply is hugely appreciated. thank u 
  • @monie Ideally, you should create a new topic. You can add me by putting an @.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • monie
    monie Member Posts: 4 New User
    @monie Ideally, you should create a new topic. You can add me by putting an @.
    ok i will
  • Netch
    Netch Member Posts: 1 New User

> i tried finding the hidden sata setting by pressing ctrl+s but no change.

Just succeeded with the following: press Ctrl+S while in BIOS on "Information" page (unchangeable) and then switch to the next page. Likely they missed to rewrite pages after this feature unlocking.
    As result, installed Kubuntu 20.04; it succeeds in all aspects that I could detect in 1-day run (working NVME disk, video, keyboard, touchpad with enabled tap as press...)
  • Merher
    Merher Member Posts: 1 New User
    For me ctrl-s works while "F12 Boot Menu" is highlighted
  • Barauna
    Barauna Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm new here and try to make the same change and nothing is happing.
  • Pondeepak
    Pondeepak Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,I have acer nitro 5 i7 12th gen AN515-58-79MU, im trying to install ubuntu 18.04 lts version but neither my SSD nor my hardisk is detected, i have tried changing the SATA mode, but that option is not visible, anyone can help.

• @PondeepakIf windows is installed, you need to first enable safeboot via msconfig. Then restart windows and access the bios. Go to main tab, press ctrl+s and change sata mode to ahci or disable vmd controller.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)