Is there a stylus pen for the ACER Chromebook Spin CP513-2H

Wooden007
Wooden007 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2022 in Chromebooks

I recently purchased the above Chromebook but have not been able to find a stylus pen for this particular model. Acer Support have stated their stylus will not work with this model(513-2H). I did not want to go down the road of trial and error purchasing stylus pens hence my request for help and advice from you.

[Thread edited to add model number]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Wooden007

Many thanks for the reply. Looked at the table via your link, it shows models 513-52N/53N/54N, unfortunately, it does not show 513-2H. The 2H is the important bit as the screen is different to the 513-1H version. I am wondering if someone has the same Chromebook which has a Mediatek processor and perhaps a stylus that works and can let me know the make and model stylus they are using.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

The CP513-2H model do not come with an active digitizer, so the only pens that will work are the capacitive type with the blunt rubber tip that acts like a finger.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Wooden007

Thank you for the reply. I will purchase one via Amazon and see how things go with it and update you with the outcome. I have activated the stylus feature via settings. Very grateful, many thanks!

• Wooden007

I have continued to look into obtaining an active stylus and have discovered my Chromebook is USI compatible and the following link may be of use to someone else.

• Wooden007

Hi everyone,

Took a chance and purchased a new USI Stylus Pen which arrived today. The pen is by Penoval with built in eraser at the top, USI compliant, comes with a spare nib and USB to C charging cable. I put the pen on charge and left it until the pens blue light came on indicating its ready to use. The pen is fully charged within 50 minutes or less.

I have tried the pen on my Acer Chromebook Spin 513-2H and it works perfectly as a touch device and for handwriting etc using Chrome's Cursor app. I plan to have a look at other writing apps at some point soon.

I hope the above is of help to someone. Best wishes