Help, where is the INSERT key on the keyboard? Acer Chromebook R11 (2018 model)

dove77
dove77 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hwy, can any help, I am writing a big essay - using the documents programme on the R11 chromebook.

Frustratingly every time i go to edit / retype words within the work, the cursor deletes forward, and rewrites over the original work i have written. Which i do not want happen.

Does anyone know how to undo this. And using arrows isnt do-able, as its a 3,500 word essay, i just want to know how to un-insert this on the keyboard setting?

Anyone know?😀

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Which R11 model do you have? The full model number should be on the same sticker as your serial number and be something like CB5-xxx-xxxx. Typically insert is toggled with a Search-Period key combo.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • dove77
    dove77 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi thanks for reply ;)

Its is, CB5 - 132T- C8L7

Is the search key the one with the magnifying glass - and is the period key the full stop?If that is correct - i tried that and it didn't work - hmmm

Any pointers most appreciated.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Yes to both, the magnifying glass is search and the full stop "." is the period.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.