CP514-1H-R86J OS is up to date but, Wi-Fi disconnects frequently

IanAh
IanAh Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2022 in Chromebooks

Hi

I have a CP514-1H-R86J with a persistent WIFI issue where the Chromebook looses its internet connection frequently, this is not a router issue as the problem occurs elsewhere on other networks.

ChromeOS version is 105.0.5195.134 and all firmware is up to date.

This Chromebook has a Realtek RTL8822CE WIFI card which I believe is well known for connectivity problems, some people have reported success in replacing the Realtek WIFI card with an Intel AX200 on windows laptops. This looks like a direct replacement from a hardware perspective on the Chromebook but I suspect I will encounter driver issues if I attempt to install an Intel card.

Is there a known fix for this issue or has anyone had any success replacing/upgrading the WIFI card on this or any other Chromebook.

Thanks

Ian

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Acer ships the CP514-1H models with either a Lite-On Realtek card or an Intel AX200 card. You should be able to drop an Intel AX200 or AX210 into the M.2 slot.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • I would try to reinstall the software by pressing the Refresh+Power keys.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IanAh
    IanAh Member Posts: 2 New User

UPDATE: I replaced the Realtek card with an Intel AX200.NGWG.NV it worked out of the box and solved my issue

Thanks

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Thanks for the update! So often we never hear back...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.