About compatibility LCD matrix interfaces Aspire7 A715-72G I Need to change Screen to better gamut

2»

Answers

• Did you check the number of pins? Your model comes with a 30-pin EDP cable.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • POWERFULLtm
    POWERFULLtm Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon

of course eDP 30pin with 2 channels (!NOT! 40 - 4 channels) if you don't believe? here is a screenshot of my matrix cable

• POWERFULLtm

all models of these series of laptops with Geforce GTX1050-1650 = 30Pin (1060 -1660 = 40 pin maybe)

• POWERFULLtm

good news, in stores on ali express, I found reviews on the model of the matrix that I bought, from the owners of Acer laptops with my hardware configuration (CPU-GPU) everything works for them and even show screenshots. This immediately inspires more optimism.

• POWERFULLtm

the fact is that I have already bought a matrix, and it is already crossing the border of my country, trying to buy another matrix now will be a huge waste of money, I will get a 144Hz matrix, and if I don’t like it for the purity of the colors, then I will either try to return it seller, and lose another 2 months for waiting (my eyes can't stand it)

besides, there is no limit to perfection, and I found an even more impressive matrix AMOLED but the price is over $250

SAMSUNG ATNA56YX03-0 Overview - Panelook.com

(i will not to buy it anyway)

• I understand. When the new matrix arrives, disconnect the lithium battery before installing the new matrix:

Then report here if the new matrix is working correctly.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • POWERFULLtm

I got the matrix from ali express. unfortunately it turned out to be a fake of an unknown model with a re-glued sticker. The firmware does not contain real model or serial number information. but this fake matrix works correctly in 60hz mode and 6bit color. now I'm trying to win a refund dispute

• OK! I have never had any problems with alliexpress Chinese sellers. However, if the seller refuses to exchange the display, I think alliexpress will refund you.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• POWERFULLtm

Dear experts. Please tell me what's wrong with this matrix firmware dump? in fact, the matrix works, but the image is very dark and the gamma is so low that it is not even corrected by Windows screen calibration tools

• It would be interesting to ask some more experienced users. I would try asking this question in the bios-mods or winraid community.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• POWERFULLtm
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

I confirm that this firmware turned out to be original from the BOE factory, since after opening the matrix that died after a few days, its original label was found glued directly onto the decoder board inside the protective casing, which the seller could not tell. the exact decoder board is model the NV156FHM-N4B model and the original factory sticker label is GV156FHBNZ0, this is an OEM model based on the original NV156FHM-NY1 but with a factory defective decoder, which, after the defect was discovered, was not finished and left glossy and inserted OEM firmware with parameters 60HZ 6bit and without specifying the gamma (actually 1.0 instead of 2.2) since the matrix died through my fault (I crushed the decoder when I carelessly closed the frame of the monitor cover) I confirm that this series of matrices is fully compatible with my laptop and did not work correctly only due to incomplete OEM firmware and congenital factory a defect that did not allow putting firmware on it with parameters 144HZ.

now I ordered a new matrix of a different model, B156HAN04.5 at 120Hz, in another store, because I didn’t want to risk the second time getting the same OEM rejection with a half-killed decoder breaking from the slightest vibration. and at the same time a new B bezel cover (the old one burst)

• POWERFULLtm

EDP-30P2L-020A is very important thing for compatibility with this model of laptop.  

do not try to replace default matrix with NV156FHM-N4B, pinout EDP-30P2L-020Q are not fully compatible, this pinout are not correct. have glitches with reading EDID, gamma, and with brightness level switches

The best model for Upgrade is B156HAN04.5 (in original)

NVidia G-Sync technology, are not compatible with NVidia Optimus realized in this laptop

• POWERFULLtm
    Answer ✓

the B156HAN04.5 matrix ordered again from another seller came in the original, although it was used (the model is out of production) 2017 year production (removed from the donor for analysis) ideally suited the Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G laptop. In terms of maximum brightness / contrast and black depth, of course, it does not reach the first copy, but honest 120 hertz, 8 bits and a wide sRGB color gamut are pleasing. the brightness is smoothly adjustable, PWM is not noticed at any brightness settings up to 0%, the pencil test passes perfectly. Windows power saving settings (automatic dimming when running on battery power) available. There is only one drawback not related to the matrix itself. when the frame is snapped around the matrix, black spots appear in the corners due to the corners of the matrix being squeezed by the frame, the reason is that the top cover of the laptop has moved and bent from time to time and that I have torn hinges restored with glue from the side of the top cover.

I concluded that the pinout of the eDP 30pin EDP-30P2L-020A is very important for this laptop model and in general I advise you to pay special attention to the correspondence of this parameter with your native matrix. also, if you have a laptop with two graphics chips: discrete nVidia and built-in to the CPU (and not SLI), then it makes no sense to take G-Sync, Free Sync matrices, these technologies will not work due to Nvidia Optimus which is incompatible with them.

I hope the information will be useful to other owners of Acer on a unified platform A715-72G and AN515-52 - PH315-52 of junior configurations with a DH5VF LA-F951P motherboard

• Dark1638
    Dark1638 Member Posts: 1 New User

I also have the same edp as you(my original panel is B156HTN03.8) and so was wondering if the model you bough would also work for me xd , if i manage to find it, or some quality 60hz panel also work?

• Ajay1029
    Ajay1029 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

hello everyone i have also some problem mine laptop is acer aspire 7 a715-42g display got broken so mine display is lp156wfh sp d1 which has total power connsumption of 3.50W and i have suitable replacement named after nv156fhm-n48 which has total power connsumption of 4.69W so is it ok to replace the display with nv156fhm-n48 ? Thank You

for reference please look into this:

https://www.panelook.com/LP156WFH-SPD1_LG%20Display_15.6_LCM_parameter_50400.html

https://www.panelook.com/NV156FHM-N48_BOE_15.6_LCM_parameter_30192.html