Acer Spin CP311-3HMTK Chromebook - Stylus Compatibility for Digital Drawing Software

KLivingstone19
KLivingstone19 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2022 in Chromebooks

Hi,

My daughter has the Acer Spin 311 Chromebook and I am looking to purchase her a stylus and some digital art software but have found this slightly more complicated than I thought it would be! I am looking for recommendations for a compatible stylus which would be suitable to use with a digital art application.

TIA :-).

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Which Spin 311 model do you have? It should be something like CP311-xxx-xxxx and different models have different functionality. The full model number is usually on the same sticker as the serial number. Usually if the Chromebook supports and active pen it comes with an active pen. If it's not a model that supports an active pen then you need a pen that has the blunt rubber tip that acts like a finger.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓

Which Spin 311 model do you have? It should be something like CP311-xxx-xxxx and different models have different functionality. The full model number is usually on the same sticker as the serial number. Usually if the Chromebook supports and active pen it comes with an active pen. If it's not a model that supports an active pen then you need a pen that has the blunt rubber tip that acts like a finger.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KLivingstone19
    KLivingstone19 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, thanks for your reply that's helpful. The model is CP311-3HMTK and it didn't come with a pen.

• billsey

Yes, the touch versions of the CP311-3H models do not support an active digitizer.