Predator Helios 300 not detecting graphics card

RoKo1882
RoKo1882 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

I was getting ready to play a game on my laptop when I noticed my graphics card was not being recognized by my system. I attempted to reinstall the drivers for my graphics card (Geforce RTX 3060) but I get a message saying the hardware can't be detected on in my system. I mainly use this laptop for school and don't run any gpu intensive programs, so this is kind of frustrating. I have reinstalled the most recent drivers and firmware from acer directly, and have reinstalled windows. I've had this laptop for a year almost to the day, and would prefer not to have to send it in for repair or replacement, as I use this laptop for school and am only halfway through the semester. Any and all help is appreciated, and let me know if there's anything specific that could be helpful!

-RoKo

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Go to Power Options(right click battery icon in Taskbar), click "Choose what the Power buttons do" in the left pane, click "Change settings that are currently unavailable" in the next window, uncheck "Turn on fast start-up" and click save changes, turn off the laptop, disconnect from mains, remove any USB sticks, external HDDs, external mouse etc. then press Power Button for 12 Seconds, leave the laptop to rest for 15 Mins, reconnect AC adapter and fully charge the battery, try again to see whether it helps.

• RoKo1882
    RoKo1882 Member Posts: 3 New User

Thank you for your suggestion! I tried your method twice and am still experiencing the same issue. I'll try again in a few hours to see if there is any improvement. Would draining the battery prior to doing the steps described influence the outcome?

Thank you again!

-RoKo

• Do a hard reset by taking the back cover off and disconnecting the main battery and the bios battery, leave them unplugged for like 5 min and also take the ram out and then reconnect all and reboot your laptop, as all that should fix your NVidia gpu detection problems. Also, whenever you do an update of an NVidia gpu driver you should use the NVidia driver software's option of completely uninstalling the previous driver, as in some PCs this could also be a problem that contributes to what you are experiencing. If this does not work then there could be other more complex issues with your laptop and you will need to contact Acer and get them to fix your issues.

• Kprime
    Kprime Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem Rok1882 posted with my laptop.

SPECS

-Acer predator helios 300 (PH315-53)

-core i7 10750H (@2.6 GHz)

-RTX 2060 (6 Gb GDDR6 VRAM)

-16 Gb RAM (2933 Hz)

-512 Gb M.2 NvME SSD

-Windows 11 (21H2)

While playing Tom Clancy's Ghost recon wildlands, the laptop froze and blue screened. The temperatures of the CPU and GPU are usually between 75-78 degrees and 68-74 degrees respectively because i recently repasted the laptop with thermal grizzly kryonaut.

After analyzing the minidump files, i got the errors: Video_Dxgkrnl_Fatal_Error (113) and Driver_Verifier_DMA_Violation (e6).

-Rebooting the laptop gives error code 43 on the RTX 2060 in device manager.

-Nvidia control panel does not open.

-Geforce experience always gives graphics driver update notice even when the latest drivers are installed.

I've tried the following solutions:

-Removed all Nvidia drivers and related programs using DDU in safe mode and reinstalled new ones.

-Rolled back to old drivers.

-Opened laptop cover and unplugged battery.

-Reset bios to default settings.

-Repasted CPU and GPU with thermal grizzly kryonaut.

• TheSilentGamer46
    TheSilentGamer46 Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm having the same error, the screenshot you posted where the gpu is showing "-1%", I'm getting that as well. My nvidia control panel isn't opening, I've tried ddu to reinstall drivers, manually reinstalled drivers, restored windows to a previous restore point but it still isn't fixed.

Did you manage to find a solution to this problem?

• TheSilentGamer46
    TheSilentGamer46 Member Posts: 2 New User

My laptop has the same specs as yours. Did you manage to find a solution to this problem?

• ubirehman
    ubirehman Member Posts: 32 Troubleshooter

Hey guys

Any luck?

• fedesmiro
    fedesmiro Member Posts: 1 New User

This did also happen to me , I have Helios 300 P315-52 with rtx2060 and since days I'm keeping the gpu card disabled.

The laptop went to technical service like 1 year ago and they already replaced the motherboard. (I'm guessing I am very lucky…)

I tried everything as you guys did, also tried troubleshooting with Linux but nothing works. the BSOD codes that happened to me while trying to install the old and new driver were DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE or VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR or VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE.

Inspecting the Nvidia card with GPU-Z (with Nvidia card enabled, of course) it says also Memory Size field is like 0 MB and other fields like Pixel Fillrate , Texture Fillrate, Memory Type, Bus Width and Bandwidth are set to ''Unknown''

While the fields GPU clock, Memory Clock, Default CLock are all to 0MHz.

Now the Laptop works but sometimes , even if using the iGPU , the screen laptops glitches randomly like every 10 minutes, but it is still usable.

Do you have any other news/info?

The only way I found to use that with an external monitor is to use another PC with Remmina RDP otherwise another solution can be using a USBtoHDMI adapter supporting DisplayLink.

• f4de
    f4de Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having the exact same problem on my Acer Triton 300 SE with the RTX 3060 in Windows 11.

Geforece Experience is always indicating to update to the latest drivers (eventhough I already installed them multiple times). I tried updating windows, updtaing the BIOS, uninstalling the GPU from the device manager, uninstalling the GPU from DDU in safe mode, 'fixing' the error 43 alert in the device manager (although each time a restart the laptop i get it again)…
    I haven't tried reinstalling windows but it seems to me that it would be a waste of time.
    When examinating tracking the minidump errors in the event manager i get:

101323-19046-01:
    Warning(Kernel-Power): The hypervisor did not enable mitigations for side channel vulnerabilities for virtual machines because HyperThreading is enabled. To enable mitigations for virtual machines, disable HyperThreading.
    Error (volmgr): Dump file generation succeded.
    Critical (Kernel-Power): The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Error (VBoxNetLwf): The driver detected an internal driver error on \Device\VBoxNetLwf.
    Error (EventLog): The previous system shutdown at 2:07:56 PM on ‎10/‎13/‎2023 was unexpected.

Did any of you find a solution to the problem or is it a hardware issue?