Unit does not turn on CP713-2W-5874

Dvillarroel
Dvillarroel Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2022 in Chromebooks

I bought my son a CP713-2W-5874 just under a year ago. (13 days left on warranty!) It seems to just die. Son said it gave a 5% battery warning and just shut off. Will not charge, no lights or anything on the power button. Just straight up dead. Its not the Charger as my other son has the exact same model computer and the charger charges his. Took the cover off battery looks fine. No damage noticeable in side anywhere. Will getting a new battery fix this, is it worth it? Seems to be a lot of similar problems with the CP713 in this thread.

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title and to include the topic issue]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,858 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022

The first thing that I recommend that you do is to phone Acer in your area and book your laptop in for service, just in case and before your warranty runs out. Second, do a hard reset, that will not void your warranty and do this:

1.  Remove nine (9) screws from the base cover 
    2. Carefully pry up the base cover starting from the bottom side to release the latches. Then continue releasing the remaining latches on the left, right, and upper sides
    3. Grasp and remove the base cover from the system 
    4. Remove the battery at pack (A) on the top assembly
    5. Detach the tape (B) securing the battery cable to the mainboard connector and detach the transparent mylar (C) securing the battery cable and keyboard FPC
    6.  Disconnect the battery cable from the mainboard connector and reconnect and see if the laptop boots, as it should

If your CP713-2W doesn't boot, then send it to Acer as there are other power issues that need analyzing and fixing by Acer that the laptops warranty should cover as they could be expensive if you take it to a technician.

• Dvillarroel
    Dvillarroel Member Posts: 3 New User

Steve,

Thanks did not do anything. I have a case with Acer to mail it in. Hope its quick as the kid is in 8th Grade and uses it every day for school. My mistake for thinking a higher end chrome book would last longer than 12 months. Think I should but the extended warranty from ACER for another 12 months?

-David

• Sometimes, when the battery is completely discharged, it may take a while to charge again. Connect the power adapter and let the battery charge for half an hour and then check whether the power and battery LEDs light up or not.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Does the lowercase have a symbol for a battery somewhere?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)