About compatibility LCD matrix interfaces Aspire7 A715-72G I Need to change Screen to better gamut

POWERFULLtm
POWERFULLtm Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2022 in Aspire Laptops

I Have Aspire 7 A715-72G laptop (2018 year or production)

I Need to change Screen to more better color gamut, brightness and contrast

Have fev questions for better understanding compatibility

1) interface version eDP (2channel) HBR1(2.7G/lane) >presumably< implemented on the motherboard is required, or will the installation of the panel with eDP (2channel) HBR2(5.5G/lane) take place without consequences for the life of the matrix/laptop and picture quality?

2) the pinout of the EDP-30P2L-020A cable is mandatory for this series of laptops, or i can connect matrices with the pinout EDP-30P2L-020Q, EDP-30P2L-020I, EDP-30P2L-020N, ​​EDP-30P2L-021ZZ without fear of burning components when turned on ?

3) matrices with the desired characteristics have a power consumption of several watts more than those that were set by default, whether the power circuits on the motherboard can withstand the increased load.

Thanks all for the answers!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The only information I found is that this model comes with an edp 1.2 interface, see:

I think hbr1 and hbr2 might work, see:

But I'm not sure!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • POWERFULLtm
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

I confirm that this firmware turned out to be original from the BOE factory, since after opening the matrix that died after a few days, its original label was found glued directly onto the decoder board inside the protective casing, which the seller could not tell. the exact decoder board is model the NV156FHM-N4B model and the original factory sticker label is GV156FHBNZ0, this is an OEM model based on the original NV156FHM-NY1 but with a factory defective decoder, which, after the defect was discovered, was not finished and left glossy and inserted OEM firmware with parameters 60HZ 6bit and without specifying the gamma (actually 1.0 instead of 2.2) since the matrix died through my fault (I crushed the decoder when I carelessly closed the frame of the monitor cover) I confirm that this series of matrices is fully compatible with my laptop and did not work correctly only due to incomplete OEM firmware and congenital factory a defect that did not allow putting firmware on it with parameters 144HZ.

now I ordered a new matrix of a different model, B156HAN04.5 at 120Hz, in another store, because I didn’t want to risk the second time getting the same OEM rejection with a half-killed decoder breaking from the slightest vibration. and at the same time a new B bezel cover (the old one burst)

• POWERFULLtm
    Answer ✓

the B156HAN04.5 matrix ordered again from another seller came in the original, although it was used (the model is out of production) 2017 year production (removed from the donor for analysis) ideally suited the Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G laptop. In terms of maximum brightness / contrast and black depth, of course, it does not reach the first copy, but honest 120 hertz, 8 bits and a wide sRGB color gamut are pleasing. the brightness is smoothly adjustable, PWM is not noticed at any brightness settings up to 0%, the pencil test passes perfectly. Windows power saving settings (automatic dimming when running on battery power) available. There is only one drawback not related to the matrix itself. when the frame is snapped around the matrix, black spots appear in the corners due to the corners of the matrix being squeezed by the frame, the reason is that the top cover of the laptop has moved and bent from time to time and that I have torn hinges restored with glue from the side of the top cover.

I concluded that the pinout of the eDP 30pin EDP-30P2L-020A is very important for this laptop model and in general I advise you to pay special attention to the correspondence of this parameter with your native matrix. also, if you have a laptop with two graphics chips: discrete nVidia and built-in to the CPU (and not SLI), then it makes no sense to take G-Sync, Free Sync matrices, these technologies will not work due to Nvidia Optimus which is incompatible with them.

I hope the information will be useful to other owners of Acer on a unified platform A715-72G and AN515-52 - PH315-52 of junior configurations with a DH5VF LA-F951P motherboard

Answers

• POWERFULLtm

Can Someone experienced here on this community, explain me about which eDP specifications, that realized on my laptop motherboard??

• POWERFULLtm

no one here can help?

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓

The only information I found is that this model comes with an edp 1.2 interface, see:

I think hbr1 and hbr2 might work, see:

But I'm not sure!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • POWERFULLtm

thank you. hope i need only compatible cable for HBR2

• POWERFULLtm

Acer tech support gave me interested list for my laptop today

• POWERFULLtm

eDP Version 1.2 was approved in May 2010 and includes DisplayPort 1.2 HBR2 data rates, 120 Hz sequential color monitors, and a new display panel control protocol that works through the AUX channel.

• Yea! Now, you have to see if the display has a 30-pin or 40-pin connector. Can you tell the display idhardware that is currently installed on the computer?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• POWERFULLtm

I think I started the topic with much more advanced technical questions, which implies that I know the basics. so go to basic questions, I have a 30 or 40 pin connector I think it's a waste of time. on the second question, I'm not sure which Matrix was in the original, since it was replaced by the first owner of the laptop, now there is a non-native Matrix that is not even in the Acer part numbers, and if I name it, it will only confuse you. presumably the native matrix was SPP1 from the list that tech support gave me.

• POWERFULLtm

I would like to install one of these models

but unfortunately their production has long been discontinued, and all sellers have only their compatible counterparts that do not satisfy me in terms of characteristics

I am already worried about another question, since there are no 8-bit matrices with full color gamut under eDP 1.2 and they are all under eDP 1.3, then when installing a similar matrix in the eDP 1.2 slot, which functions of the new matrix will not work. the fact is that I already ordered a matrix, but according to my requirements, they sent me an eDP 1.3 HBR2 matrix (5.4G / lane) 2 Lanes

in fact, from my original questions, question 3 is eliminated, since I ordered a matrix with a fairly low power consumption and no problems should arise. Question 2 also ceased to worry me, since in the list of part numbers provided to me by technical support, these values ​​​​are different for each matrix, which means they are all compatible. there was a question about the compatibility of the eDP 1.3 HBR2 5.4G / lane matrix with the eDP 1.2 connector (both 30 pin 2 lanes)

• Commodore_1995#
    edited October 2022

I will invite @JackE E and @billsey y to participate. My doubt is that the edp 1.3 works with a lower voltage than the edp 1.2, which works with a voltage of approximately 3.3v. I'll wait for my colleagues to respond. It would be interesting for you to inform the model of the matrix (display) that you have already acquired.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• POWERFULLtm
    edited October 2022

this is compare the default and new Panel Specification Compare - Panelook.com

I think brightness control will not work for me due to the difference in maximum PWM frequencies, otherwise I hope to avoid compatibility inconsistencies

• POWERFULLtm

this is the list of compatibility matrixes given me the Acer tech support

• In addition, HBR1 works with a lower current and power than HBR2:

I also have another list of compatible models:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• POWERFULLtm
    edited October 2022

Thank you very much.

and I, in turn, found out that the same motherboard with the same processor and the same video card is used not only in my A715-72G, but also in gaming AN515-52 and PH315-52 of lower configurations with GTX1050 (ti). so I think if we discard the ridiculous marketing restrictions that conditionally prohibit putting better matrices into a cheaper series (so as not to harm sales of more expensive models), then we can consider all matrices from the above models (except 40pin) to be compatible

about:  HBR1 works with a lower current and power than HBR2

I will say that the HBR2 data transfer rate is part of the eDP1.2 standard implemented on the motherboard, the only limitation is that a better cable is needed to transfer at such a speed, since the controller itself determines whether the cable is capable of transmitting data in this mode. I have already looked at the cable model from the gaming counterparts of my laptop, and its model is different. so I think I will need to replace the cable for the monitor to work in this mode

• POWERFULLtm

I also found this model

Innolux N156HCE-EN2 Overview - Panelook.com

the lack of holes for the screws is not a problem, since I have long known about the existence of overhead fasteners.

This model is perfect for me in terms of color reproduction, and I have already found a couple of sellers who claim that they have the original in stock.

one is depressing. I was too hasty with the order and bought one NV156FHM-NY1 that the seller himself imposed on me, now I have to wait two months for it to be delivered, and if it does not work it will be a big problem both in terms of lost time and in terms of money

• Maybe the power and current is not an issue. But, maybe the motherboard limits the power and current in the edp connector? It would be interesting to check this information in the electrical schematic of the motherboard. In addition, this display has 94% srgb coverage:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• POWERFULLtm
    edited October 2022

Well, 94% srgb may not be enough, in which case I will try to buy a matrix https://www.panelook.com/N156HCE-EN2_Innolux_15.6_LCM_overview_44724.html because that was the original goal. until I was confused by these differences, the matrix with or without mounts, because of which I was looking in the wrong direction

• POWERFULLtm
    edited October 2022

and by the way, you led me to the assumption that the last letter in the Signal pin configuration means the number of power lines used for the LED backlight of the matrix: Q quad and A, perhaps one line. but i'm not sure

• Even so, I would choose to try to buy the previous model and test. That matrix has a frequency of 144hz!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• POWERFULLtm

I will do so.

but now I have a doubt about the eDP cable. native cable model is

but I checked that in all game models with my motherboard series, a different cable is used

so now I'm wondering what is the difference between these matrix cable part numbers and i guess i will need to change the cable to support 144hz mode