Is Bios Rewritten With Every BIOS Update Nitro 5 AN515-43?

Answers

• YusufAlp007
    YusufAlp007 Member Posts: 140 Troubleshooter

Isn't the bios rewritten with the bios update already?

I'm not sure if you have admin access.

So while I'm updating the BIOS, can these BIOS viruses jump from the bios to the disks, everywhere you can think of on the computer, usb and things like that, and return to the BIOS after the update is finished?

And an mcirosoft moderator wrote to me:

Updating the BIOS does not really guarantee how this virus will be removed somehow, as it depends on how the virus was programmed. There is no one-size-fits-all solution when dealing with a virus. We're not even sure what kind of virus we're dealing with to begin with. Therefore, if you think your BIOS is indeed infected, we recommend that you contact the relevant computer manufacturer so they can help you fix this problem correctly and more efficiently.

What exactly is he trying to say here? Some people said that the USB can be infected with this bios virus or that it can boot some applications and enter the USB again. However, I did not use any usb while updating. Can the bios virus still return to the system? @egydiocoelho

• YusufAlp007
  • YusufAlp007
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Kaspersky seems to have some experience with a UEFI virus in the wild for some motherboards. None of the Acer motherboards are flagged as affected (only Gigabyte and ASUS). They would be able to remove it if it's a variant of that, if not they should be able to get a sample from you in order to discover a removal process.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • YusufAlp007

Ok, but I have no business with kasprsky right now. I'm asking if the BIOS virus can be removed with the update.

And a few people said:

"The input will be fixed with the update (depending on which malicious it is)"

"If a sophisticated virus modifies a tool such as EZ Flash used to update the BIOS, it may well survive the next update."

"Updating the BIOS doesn't really guarantee how this virus will be removed somehow, as it depends on how the virus was programmed. There is no one-size-fits-all solution when dealing with a virus. We're not even sure what type of virus we're dealing with to begin with. If you think you have a virus, we recommend that you contact the relevant computer manufacturer so they can help you fix this problem correctly and more efficiently."

"There is a possibility that it will not be deleted whether you use USB or not.

If there is a BIOS virus, it has already started itself in the operating system. Even if you format it, it will copy itself back from the BIOS.

Even if you update the BIOS from the operating system and delete the virus in the BIOS, if the virus is active in the operating system, it can copy itself back to the BIOS and activate it."

What should I understand from these? I didn't use any usb while updating

Please can you give an answer to my question, I'm so bored now?

"we delete the bios virus just by updating? and BIOS viruses are updating the bios, can they jump from the bios to the discs and then switch back to the BIOS after the update is finished?"

@billsey @William_mk2 @egydiocoelho

• As I said before, it is possible for it to infect the hard drive as long as the virus has administrator access. But viruses that damage the boot sector are not so frequent nowadays. Also, it would be necessary to disable secureboot first. So I still think your computer is not infected with a rootkit or a bootkit.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    edited October 2022

And as I said before, there are no known BIOS viruses that affect any of the Acer computers. The only viruses of that type known to exist are the ones that can infect specific ASUS and Gigabyte motherboards. Those viruses are only found in certain parts of the world, specifically in China, Iran, Vietnam, and Russia. In both those motherboard types the designers have implemented a mechanism that allows a scripted BIOS update outside the OS, under the request of some of their larger customers, and that left the loophole that allows the new virus to infect. It doesn't work on any Acer models since there isn't that scripting mechanism builtin to the BIOS.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • YusufAlp007

So, there is no chance of getting a bios virus on a device with an Acer motherboard right now, right?

So, can a BIOS virus infected with ASUS devices be thrown from a device with an ASUS motherboard to a device with an Acer brand motherboard while it has an Acer brand motherboard? Is this possible?

@billsey

• YusufAlp007

So, after this virus infects the hard disk, can it go back to the BIOS? @egydiocoelho

• billsey

No, the virus can't be transferred to an Acer system, but if it's installing other malware at the OS level that malware can move around your network. Most virus scanners will find and fix OS based viruses, though sometimes with a few days lag between when the virus shows up in the field and when it will be removed.

Let's get back to where we started... What make you think you have a virus? What does your antivirus software say? Have you tried a scan with something like Malwarebytes?

• I would like to ask you a question: why are you so worried about this problem? In the worst case, if a virus had infected the bios, which is quite unlikely, it is very likely that the computer would not be able to post or even boot windows.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • YusufAlp007

It worried me if any of my information would be stolen, my data and files, such as the camera microphone, would be stolen.

And this BIOS can infect other devices, usbs or disks connected to the infected device or wherever it can be infected?

This worries me or having a BIOS virus on my system won't do me much harm other than that.

@egydiocoelho

• YusufAlp007
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• YusufAlp007

Could the administrator have taken the permission or maybe someone gave it? because it was in the computer's hands when it got into the BIOS and I wasn't there. i.e. could he have been given permission or taken permission himself?

And it certainly can't do it without admin permission, right? So it doesn't change depending on the coding, right?

And it's been 2-3 months since this BIOS virus got infected. While shopping, I wrote my card number on the infected device. During this time my account would definitely be hacked somehow and I would have noticed, right?

@egydiocoelho

• YusufAlp007
  • OK! Assuming your computer is infected with a rootkit, are you able to access the bios or not? Can you send some pics of all the bios tabs? Have you ever scanned your hard drive or ssd with an anti-malware or antivirus program?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• YusufAlp007

Not right now but i can post a photo of the bios tabs a little later

Yes. I scanned many times

By the way, I'm talking about all BIOS viruses, not just BIOS rootkits. Not only the BIOS rootkit, but also the BIOS bootkit or other types of BIOS viruses may be infected.

@egydiocoelho

• YusufAlp007
    edited October 2022

I hope it's nothing personal information 😁

I just closed the serial numbers. If that place helps too, I can throw away the places I've closed.

@egydiocoelho

• OK! I see that the ssd and hdd are not showing up here:

Did you disconnect the hard drives and ssd? Maybe the sata ports are disabled here:

Maybe that's the problem and windows is probably not booting, correct?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer