Where can I buy Travelmate Spin P6 in India travelmate p645?

RahulD
RahulD Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2022 in TravelMate and Extensa

Hello all,

I have been using a travelmate p645 since 2014. It is almost on verge of collapsing. I am looking for Travelmate Spin P6, where can I buy one in India?

[edited the title to add model name]

Best Answer

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hi @RahulD

You can check the different models of Acer Travelmate p6 and buy it directly from Acer India Store here,

https://store.acer.com/en-in/catalogsearch/result/?q=TRAVELMATE%20SPIN%20P6

Acer India Contact information

• RahulD

Tinkerer

Thank you Sharanji for your help. While I understand that this product listed at Acer-India Store are "re-certified" models, I am unable to understand why the screen size is 13.5 inches instead of 14 inches in the Acer US website. The India store specs also do not mentioned if it is 4g/5g enabled or not but all the Spin P6 models in US website says it does have 5g connectivity. No doubt the price point is great which is almost half of the US price but wanted some clarity on these issues. Any help in this regards would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Rahul

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

It is very dependent on which P6 model series you are asking about. They often have significant differences within a model line over different locales, and even more significant over model years. Which specific model are you looking at on the USA site?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RahulD

Tinkerer

Oh yes right your are @billsey! I had completely overlooked the fact that what India Store was offering is a re-certified Spin 5 and not Travelmate Spin P6! hence the difference in specs. I am looking to replace my current Travelmate P645 with a Spin P6 and its not available in India it seems! It is intriguing why Acer is not bringing in their premium commercial models in India whereas HP, Lenovo and Fujitsu have introduced their premiums.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

My guess is they are still ramping up production of those models. There is one version available in the US, an i5 without the 5G support, and no others yet. They likely choose a target market for specific functionality, and get the first units there, then gradually fill in the channel as production allows. I'd be willing to bet the nifty versions are hitting Europe before we will see them. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.