Acer Care center crash out of the program after 10-15 secAcer Nitro AN515-57

HackHook
HackHook Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited October 2022 in Acer Software

the question say it all , Acer care center crash out of the program repeatedly even after I installed a new version of windows.

the laptop is Acer Nitro AN515-57, i have added a Samsung 980 and Samsung 870 QVO to it and upgraded its ram to 64gb

my problem is whenever i try to enter to Acer care center after entering it it began detecting hardware and after 10-15 sec it

will crash out of the program and won't allow me to do any change.

(well honestly the only change i want to make is to limit battery charging for the laptop, and I'm still wondering why its not in the bios

to make it Os independent and useful for people who don't use windows)

when i install care center from Microsoft store i don't have such problem

and care center work as it should but the version from Microsoft store don't have the option to limit battery charging do any one

knew a solution for this problem of mine ?

by the way my Operating system is Windows 11 Pro 20H2 22621.607

(edited the title to add model name )

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@HackHook

Kindly go through the details from the link given below to limit battery charging

Kindly go through the details given below to uninstall and install acer care center

Try windows + x

go to run

type appwiz.cpl

It will show you the list of programs

remove the existing Acer care center

Go to support.acer.com 

chose your country 

type snid or chose your model 

go to drivers - application 

Download and install the Acer care center

Kindly go through the details give below to improve battery life

Kindly go through the details from link given below

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/8525-improve-battery-life-in-windows-10

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/558-adjust-battery-power-management-settings-to-get-better-battery-life

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/92-how-to-get-the-best-battery-life-out-of-my-acer-product

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/80-how-to-charge-and-care-for-your-acer-battery

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/75-acer-internal-battery-reset

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• HackHook

Tinkerer

thanks , i already get the latest version if Acer Care center for my laptop n bet i said let do it again and did it

installed it and no change again it jump out of the program without finishing getting information on orange tile

i already did it with these versions

Acer Care Center v4.00.3046

Acer Care Center v4.00.3042

Acer Care Center v4.00.3010

Acer Care Center v3.00.3007

the first two it jump out of program and the last two the program just freeze , the only one which could pass that stage was the one in Microsoft store and it was limited and don't provide the functionality i wanted .

by the way it worked in older version of windows sort of , it worked until windows did all the update it wanted to do

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@HackHook

You say "by the way it worked in older version of windows sort of , it worked until windows did all the update it wanted to do"

Kindly go through the details from the link given below

On the drop down menu i do see that your computer supports both Winows 10 and Windows 11.

On application - able to see the drivers for Acer care center.

I do see that upates are the cause of the issue..

If it is still not working then we have to do a refresh and reset

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

or 

on start - type here to search or on search - type reset this pc - click on reset this pc on the top - click on get started 

It will show you keep my files and remove everything

chose keep my files 

chose the account - type the password - click on local reinstall - click on reset 

It will be in progress.. 

login to computer and start using the computer. 

download and install the acer care center. Check whether it is working fine

If it is still not working 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

chose remove everything 

click on local reinstall - just remove my files - click on reset

It will be in progress

Note:

If you do refresh ( keep my files ) - all your personal files like pictures, music , documents , videos will still be intact.  Only the applications will be lost

If you do reset ( remove everything ) - you are doing a factory default.  It will become like a day one computer.  It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer. 

You can also do the recovery in an alternative way..

There are two alt keys on the keyboard. If you look at the bottom row of keyboard you can see the one on the left side of space bar and the other on the right side of space bar. The alt key on the right side will be looking like alt, alt gr or alt car. Turn off the computer. Hold the alt key on the left and tap f10 continuously.  It will go to repair mode. It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot.  If it is not going to repair mode, turn off the computer. Turn on the computer. Hold the right alt key ( alt gr or alt car or alt ) and then tap f10 continuously. It will go to chose an option continue and troubleshoot..

It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc

click on keep my files ( only applications will be lost )  chose your account and type your password  - click on local reinstall - click on reset

It will be in progress 

If the keep my files option is not working 

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – just remove my files – click on reset 

It will reinstall windows. 

If the just remove my files is not working.. 

Go to troubleshoot - click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – Fully clean the drive – click on reset 

It will reinstall windows. 

Note: You can also go to chose an option , continue , troubleshoot by holding the alt key + tapping f10 or alt gr + tapping f10 on the keyboard while turning on the computer.  Once you see the troubleshoot option, you can stop tapping the f10 and stop holding the alt key.  Then you can try the keep my files and remove everything ( just remove by files and fully clean the drive ) by following the steps which was mentioned above. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• HackHook

Tinkerer

well didn't solved my problem seems that acer care center don't play well with new version of windows , work with 21h2 version around 500-600 and don't work with 21h2 version 918 and 22h2

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Remove all copies of ACC, reboot and manually remove their folders. Then install only the correct version for your computer and Windows 11 64bit, 4.00.3046. Other versions are designed for different computers and will cause unexpected behavior. If you still have the problem after you have a clean install then it's time to contact Acer to see if they are aware of the issue and can get it fixed for the new OS release.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey

OK, use the support chat to give a bug report to Acer. Let us know what they say. My guess is they already are aware of it and will publish and update soon, but you might be the first user to have noticed. ACC is running fine on my laptop with the 21H2 release of Windows 11, but MS hasn't pushed the 2022 version to it yet.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HackHook

Tinkerer

you can get it from insider channel , they added some features of Linux desktop to it and again changed how windows react with driver , so normal nVIDIA driver won't work anymore and they published a new driver specific to it . that is why I'm nearly certain it must be the case

I used the email , you mean i must have used chat feature ?

i only received an automated response mail from Acer wit a reference number that i don't knew what to do with

• billsey

Yeah, I spend too much time answering questions here to give Windows Insider a go these days, too much chance something will be fixed or broken from the stock build. I do keep my drivers up to date for both Intel and NVIDIA though... The chat gives you a chance to actually interact with someone, to explain things like what the reference number means. The 22H2 release seems to have broken a bunch of stuff for lots of people, but not really critical things so much.

• HackHook

Tinkerer

edited October 2022

yeah its really good build after somebody point me to the appropriate NVIDIA driver on their Cuda site this is my only problem otherwise the build solved my problem with Bluetooth headphones

guess i can only wait as ACER Middle East refered me to ACER China support because the shop i bought it from get it from china , guess i first must go and learn chinese as their china site seems to only be in chinese🙄

• HackHook

Tinkerer

edited October 2022

well my problem get solved but not by Acer, Microsoft send an optional update you actually had to choose from

Setting>Windows updates>advanced Options>Optional update

and then select "2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5019509)"

install it and reboot the PC and then Acer Care Center problem solved

• Does the same issue occur when you update the netframework and install the care center appxbundle?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • HackHook

Tinkerer

usually i install all version of visual c myself and let windows update decide what to do with .net Framework

• When you open and close the program three times, does the program work?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • HackHook

Tinkerer

before the update i even opened the program more than 10 time and it get closed while getting system information,

after that update the problem get solved

• So is nitro sense working properly now?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• HackHook

Tinkerer

edited October 2022

there never was any problem with nitro-sense , it was Acer care center that had problem .and now it has no problem

if you interested I also installed Predator-Sense on Nitro5 laptop and it also worked but there was no way to install Enduro-Sense or Vero-Sense