Can the SpatialLabs view be used with eyeglasses?

ishsna198
ishsna198 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2022 in SpatialLabs

I saw th\is spatiallabs view monitor and was wondering if it can be used with eyeglasses? will it track my eyes through the glass or would I need to take them off?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022

Maybe not as well. But even with perfect eyesight and no spectacles, a more serious issue will probably be 3D image quality due to the complexities of also having to track head motion to essentially project two slightly image perspectives one to each eye. My guess is that if you try not to move your head too much --- or your eyeballs too much --- or blink too much, it might look almost, but not quite, as good and sharp as a regular 2D image. That said, I think you should try it anyway and report back to the rest of us on how well you liked it. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• ishsna198
    ishsna198 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the info! I think i'll check it out, the 3D aspect is more of an added benefit, I've been looking for a 4K monitor and I like that this one is portable. I'm currently using a 32" 1440p monitor that is not exactly portable. This whole hybrid WFH/office messes up my continuity because I can't exactly carry that one everywhere. From the looks of it here, i may be even be able to fit in my bag with my laptop!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

>>>3D aspect is more of an added benefit>>>I've been looking for a 4K monitor and I like that this one is portable.>>>i may be even be able to fit in my bag with my laptop!>>>

You might also be looking for a new laptop that can actually utilize this added benefit. 🙂

Jack E/NJ