Acer XD1520i - display image is cropped

AntonioV
AntonioV Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited September 2022 in Projectors

Hi,

I just buy Acer XD1520i Projector, and when I using it on my Lenovo laptop (ThinkPad E15) it display cropped edges. I try to find overscan solution on it but I couldn't find it. I also try to change display resolution on my laptop, but but everything is the same.

Does any one have some solution how to solve it?

Regards,

Antonio

[Thread was edited to include the topic issue]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer

Right click empty area on ThinkPad desktop. Click display settings. Under Multiple displays click detect projector. Then select advanced display settings for the projector. Click display adapter projector properties. Test different projector modes.

Jack E/NJ

• AntonioV

Tinkerer

Thank you JackE on your help. I try what you write and I try to change projector modes under List All Models (under Adapter tab) and Screen refresh rate (under Monitor tab) but everything remain the same (all edges on projector display are cut).

• JackE

Are you trying to run videos?

Jack E/NJ

• AntonioV

Tinkerer

No, just PowerPoint presentation. But also when displaying desktop, on projector I have cropped edges of normal display which I see on my laptop

• JackE

>>>just PowerPoint presentation.>>>

Can you test to see if videos are cropped also? Maybe a youtube video?

Jack E/NJ

• AntonioV

Tinkerer

I also try on YouTube and other videos and they are also cropped. I also have WIFI adapter and when I connect trough EZCastPro display is ok. I only have cropped display on HDMI cable.

• JackE

Open on screen display OSD menu. Click video option. Try changing screen option from auto to full screen.

Jack E/NJ

• AntonioV

Tinkerer

When I am connected with HDMI cable and when I open OSD menu there is no VIDEO (in main or in other menu folders).

My OSD menu is described in User manual (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SI/content/support-product/8868?b=1) under documents on page 28 (Main Menu (Type 2).

• JackE

What is Image aspect ratio set to?

Jack E/NJ

• AntonioV

Tinkerer

I try to change it from Auto to 16:9 and 4:3 but display on projector is always cropped.

• JackE
    1. Is it evenly cropped? Can you post a phone photo?
    2. Also right click a blank space on your desktop.
    3. Click display settings
    4. Please post screenshot of result if possible

Jack E/NJ

• AntonioV

Tinkerer

1. Yes.

2. 3. and 4.

• JackE

Set the aspect ration to 16/9 for 1920x1080 resolution.

Jack E/NJ

• Change it to 100%:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AntonioV

Tinkerer

I already did. You can see on second photo on post above.

• AntonioV

Tinkerer

I also try with that but result was the same (cropped display on projector)

• JackE

>>>Lenovo laptop (ThinkPad E15)>>>I also have WIFI adapter and when I connect trough EZCastPro display is ok. I only have cropped display on HDMI cable.>>>

I think from the CastPro results that we can safely assume that the issue is with the ThinkPad"s HDMI video output or HDMI cable as configured through the Windows environment. The Lenovo's HDMI output port or HDMI cable is NOT sending a full screen output to the projector's HDMI input port.

So if you connect the Lenovo's HDMI output port to a TV set or a monitor with the same HDMI cable, is the TV set or monitor cropped or uncropped?

T

Jack E/NJ

• AntonioV

Tinkerer

If I connect Lenovo to monitor (Dell monitor) or TV with HDMI cable picture is not cropped.

• JackE

Is OSD display mode set to PC?

Jack E/NJ

• AntonioV

Tinkerer

I try with all display modes but it is always same cropped.