EX214-53 can't install Windows 11 from USB device

Proximus
Proximus Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

I downloaded Windows 11 2022 from Microsoft and burnt it into a USB drive, disable Secure Boot in BIOS and enable F12 boot, no USB device listed when I press F12

BIOS is InsydeH2O v5.0

Then how can I install Windows 11 2022 from USB device, thanks a lot

Best Answer

• Proximus

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Everyone,

Problem is solved, using Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool to burn Windows 11 ISO to the flash drive doesn’t work, need to use Microsoft media creation tool

Then disable VMD Controller in BIOS, press F12 to install OS smoothly

Thank you all

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

How did you burn it to the flash drive? It sounds like it didn't get on there correctly.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Proximus

Tinkerer

I used “Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool” to burn it

I disabled Secure Boot and enabled F12 function in BIOS

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022

Do a "Clean Install Only" of Win-11 as that is the best, also and be aware that yesterday 19 September 2022 MS released a new Win-11 Version 22H2 OS build 22621.521 that is a much better and improved version of Win-11 that improves functionality by at least 10%, so consider upgrading to that update after the initial Win-11 clean install

The way I do any installs from Win-10 to 11 is to ALWAYS do a "Clean Install" and the internal Win-10 OS Advanced startup then click UEFI Firmware Settings as there is an option to boot from a USB and from the Win-11 USB that you have there, that is the easiest and best way to start the Win-11 USB install, if you downloaded the Win-11 installations files onto a USB from the Microsoft site USB install files, you don't need to do anything else, use the Win-10 Extensa EX214-53 OS to get into the install Win-11 USB do start the clean install.

Before you start the installation of Win-11 MAKE SURE that on a separate USB you have a copy of your Extensa EX214-53 laptops "IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver Version:19.2.0.1003" driver as you need this driver, after you have completely formatted the boot drive, as you need this Intel IRS driver for the Installation to recognize the boot drive and for you to continue with the Win-11 installation.

Make sure that after the installation of Win-11 as your Acer Extensa EX214-53 does not have specific Win-11 drivers, you need to first update all Windows Updates, and then make sure that you install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and do a scan of your Win-11 OS, as this will update all the essential Intel drivers including their latest graphics driver that your laptop works on. All this will give you a perfect and latest install of Win-11. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• Proximus

Tinkerer

I'm clean installing Windows 11 2022 using the ISO download from Microsoft official website and have burnt it into a flash drive, and I do have disabled Secure Boot in BIOS, that not the problem

The problem is when I press F12 there is no flash drive option only a Windows Boot Manager, I wonder is there any other setup to do in BIOS, or is it a bug for my device need Acer to release a new BIOS to fix that

Thanks for your help

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon

Did you try another USB flash drive?

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@Proximus

On the laptop tap f2 to go to bios while turning on the computer.

After going to bios...

Change the above settings if it is already not changed.

Go to main menu

f12 boot menu - enabled

On the boot options

boot mode - uefi

Secure boot - enabled

f10 - save the changes

Try f12 while turning on the computer. - On the boot menu it should show the usb - chose the usb - press enter

It should show the windows setup - click next and proceeed to install the operating system

If it is not working ...

Go to bios

Go to security

set the supervisor password

go to boot option

Boot mode - Legacy ( change the uefi to legacy )

Secure boot - disabled ( It will be changed to disabled only after setting up the supervisor password )

f10 - save the changes

Try f12 while turning on the computer. - On the boot menu it should show the usb - chose the usb - press enter

It should show the windows setup - click next and proceeed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Proximus

Tinkerer

I asked Acer support they say need to press ctrl+s to put out VMD Controller the disable it in BIOS, then I can install OS now, I'm trying it

• Proximus

Tinkerer

I bought my laptop this summer, there is no legacy option, I asked Acer support they say to press ctrl+s at Main screen to pull out VMD Controller to disable it, then press F12 to install OS, I'm trying it if it works

• William_mk2

@Proximus

Please try and check it. Let us hope it works.

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Proximus

Tinkerer

I tried another flash drive just now, it didn't work neither, and disabled VMD Controller there was still no flash drive

I think we need Acer to release a new BIOS to fix this serious bug

• Proximus

Tinkerer

I tried that just now, but didn't work, and disable VMD Controller would lead to blue screen

We need Acer to release a new BIOS to resolve this issue

But how can we pull Acer to hear our voice? And pull they to release a new BIOS? Any one could help

• William_mk2
    edited September 2022

@Proximus

There is a another option which is available for you. Please go to acer store. Please provide the snid or serial number to them. They will let you know whether Acer Recovery media is available for your model. If it is available you can purchase it through them. It is designed for your computer. You can use it only on your computer model.

Additional info to contact Acer Store: Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.  You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. You can also purchase recovery media through them.  Alternatively, on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.  They will assist you get the recovery media if it is available.  

Kindly check the details from the link given below

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/671625/help-aspire-a315-56-no-detect-usb#latest

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Proximus

Tinkerer

@William_mk2

Thanks for your kind advice, I just want to format C disk partition to clean install the Microsoft original Windows 11, why Acer prevents us from installing OS from USB drive, I'm very angry about that, I think it's my right to install my preferred OS in my machine

I don't like the OEM OS edition, and there are always lots of issues when upgrade from a older OS to a newer OS, Acer is not responsible for customers if they don't fix the serious problem

I'm just very angry angry angry about that, I wastes me two days' time till now and the problem is still pending, absolutely angry....

• Proximus

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Everyone,

Problem is solved, using Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool to burn Windows 11 ISO to the flash drive doesn’t work, need to use Microsoft media creation tool

Then disable VMD Controller in BIOS, press F12 to install OS smoothly

Thank you all

• billsey

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. Yes, Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool will do a legacy boot environment, not UEFI. You need to either use the current tools from Microsoft or Rufus in GPT mode. No need to disable VMD, just have the drivers ready...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Proximus

Tinkerer

@billsey

Welcome your coming back! I have just one SSD installed, so I wonder what's the benefit of VMD to me? It's the first time for me to know about VMD

And which driver should I prepare?

• billsey

VMD for most users isn't a big deal, though it does provide some error management that is optimized for NVMe SSDs. It's primarily used for enterprise environments, so most functions are targeted there.

• Proximus

Tinkerer

@billsey

I would like to take the advantage of VMD even the advantage of it is almost invisible by eyes, because I like advanced technology, hope to learn more from you

• billsey

VMD is really just a rebranding and extension to Intel Rapid Storage Technology (iRST) that has been around for a long time. The functionality is built into the chipset, so it's really efficient.

• Proximus

Tinkerer

@billsey

Can’t wait to reinstall the OS with VMD enabled next time