Is Bios Rewritten With Every BIOS Update Nitro 5 AN515-43?

YusufAlp007
YusufAlp007 Member Posts: 140 Troubleshooter
edited October 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Is the bios overwritten with every bios update?

Will the bios virus that infected the Bios be deleted in every bios update?

( Edited the title to add the model name )

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Yes, the BIOS is rewritten with a BIOS update. What makes you think there is a virus in your BIOS? How old is your computer? What OS are you running? As far as I know there aren't any viruses that can get into the BIOS on modern machines.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • YusufAlp007

I'm Using Windows 10 Operating System

My Computer is 2 Years Old

Actually, I gave my computer to the computer guy to have it repaired. I think he got it

Also, can we delete the bios virus just by updating? I was wondering about this. And while these BIOS viruses are updating the bios, can they jump from the bios to the discs and then switch back to the BIOS after the update is finished? @billsey

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• YusufAlp007

Thanks but  can we delete the bios virus just by updating? and  BIOS viruses are updating the bios, can they jump from the bios to the discs and then switch back to the BIOS after the update is finished? @William_mk2

• William_mk2

@YusufAlp007

It will be really good if you do it with a help of an expert. There are certain points you have to keep in mind.

I am supporting you to do this. This is only to gain knowledge about your question.

You have to backup the data

Remove the cables connected to internal hdd inside the case

Using a good working computer you have to create a bootable disk to flash the bios

Use it on the non working computer where bios is infected

Make the first boot bootable device as cd/dvd

After booting the computer using the disk. Flash the bios. Remove the visus. Connnect the hdd and format and reinstall the operating system on the hdd.

You can find these information on the link mentioned below

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/removing-bios-virus

Yes you can remove the visur by updating it. After updating remove the bootable disk, connect the cables back to hdd , format and reinstall the operating system. It will not infect the bootable disk as we are taking precautionary steps.

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• YusufAlp007
    edited September 2022

I did the update as follows:

https://youtu.be/GYfDgDfXhLY

So with BIOS Update, BIOS virus will definitely be rooted, right?

And these BIOS viruses can jump from bios to disks while updating the bios and return to the BIOS after the update is finished? @William_mk2

• What is the exact model? Example AN515-55-58VH. About your question, why do you think a virus infected the bios? In my opinion, if a virus had infected the bios, the computer would not boot. Updating the bios, rewrites the bios in e2prom memory. But I still think it unlikely that some virus infected the bios. Was the windows boot sector damaged or something?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • YusufAlp007

My Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43 Model

I'm not entirely sure it's infected, but I still want to be sure.

So can we delete bios virus just by updating? And while these BIOS viruses are updating the bios, can they jump from the bios to the discs and then switch back to the BIOS after the update is finished?

@egydiocoelho

• YusufAlp007
  • In my opinion, a rewrite or a bios update would erase the defects that some bad program or bios update would have caused. But in my opinion, it is almost impossible for a virus to have damaged the bios. Can you access the bios for example by pressing f2? Can you send some pics of all the bios tabs?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • YusufAlp007

I can't post right now, but one of microsoft's moderators wrote:

"Updating the BIOS doesn't really guarantee how this virus will be removed somehow, as it depends on how the virus is programmed. There is no one-size-fits-all solution when dealing with a virus. We're not even sure what type of virus we're dealing with to begin with. If you think you have a virus, we recommend that you contact the relevant computer manufacturer so they can help you fix this problem correctly and more efficiently."

I was a little worried about that. Surely a BIOS update can root a BIOS virus? And And while these BIOS viruses are updating the bios, can they jump from the bios to the discs and then switch back to the BIOS after the update is finished? @egydiocoelho

• Actually, I gave my computer to the computer guy to have it repaired. I think he got it

Can you better explain the computer problem? I still think the problem is not bios related.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• YusufAlp007

The virus is already infected by the computer user.

It's OK, Except for a Few Things, but I want to make sure.

Surely a BIOS update can root a BIOS virus? And these BIOS viruses can jump from bios to disks while updating the bios and return to the BIOS after the update is finished?

@egydiocoelho

• billsey

The virus will not infect the BIOS. A root virus is an old style that can affect older machines, but not the current models. Yours is new enough that it isn't a problem. You can do things to allow a malicious software package in the EFI partition, but it's not easy. By default on any machine made in the last several years it isn't done.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • YusufAlp007

But I've heard in several places that this can happen.

Again, can a BIOS update root a BIOS virus? And while these BIOS viruses are updating the bios, can they jump from the bios to the disks, any area on the computer that you can think of, places that are not updated, or wherever they can, such as usb, and return to the BIOS or something like that after the update is finished? @billsey

• YusufAlp007
  • billsey
    edited September 2022

As I said, root type viruses are for the old systems and not found in UEFI environments without manual intervention on your part. The efi files are signed and not modifiable. If they become corrupted (such as rewritten by something like a virus) the system will not boot until they are repaired. With the old designs (vintage Windows 7, pre sp1) they could bootstrap code to run before the OS was loaded, and that gave rise to the rootkit type viruses.

In order for you to install a UEFI virus you first have to disable secure boot in the BIOS. Then you have to add the malicious EFI file as trusted. Then you overwrite the normal EFI file with the bad one, then re-enable Secure boot. That all has to be done in the BIOS interface, before the OS is loaded. There are ways for a bad actor to automate that process on some motherboards, but it still can only happen if you allow it to run in the first place.

• William_mk2
    edited September 2022

@YusufAlp007

As long as you are able to boot up the computer properly and if you are able go online without any issues and as long as you are not getting any error popups while you are using your computer it means you computer is really working fine and it is not infected. So please ignore the bios update and other options.

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• YusufAlp007

Thanks for your messages

1. @billsey everything you said may have been done by the computer guy I sent for the format

2. @William_mk2 I'm having some trouble booting up on my computer at startup. So while booting up, it waits for a bit of black screen and opens like that, and I still want to make sure that my system is clean.

Now Can a BIOS update root a BIOS virus? And while these BIOS viruses are updating the bios, can they jump from the bios to the disks, everywhere you can think of on the computer, usb and things like that and go back to the BIOS after the update is finished? @billsey @William_mk2

• Regarding the issue of booting taking a while and showing a black screen, it is not necessarily a virus related issue. It could be a problem with ram memory, hard disk or windows fast startup.

Regarding your virus question, in my opinion a rootkit would only infest the hard drive if it had some sort of administrator access. But in my opinion, your computer doesn't have a virus in the bios. Even if the bios got infected it could be resolved by rewriting the bios.

If you can access the bios, can you send us some pictures of all the tabs in the bios settings?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer