P03620: ram speeds problem. Is there anything I need to do after adding ram?

2»

Answers

• sofrost
    sofrost Member Posts: 29 Troubleshooter

what about the ram that comes with the pc itself, do they sell that?/where would i be able to buy that

• You have to search online with the part number shown in CPU-z, I couldn't find anyone installed 32GB in this model.

• sofrost

I tried to look up the part number, there was no luck whatsoever. There wasn't a memory with the product line 'ACR'

• sofrost

How big of a frame difference even is there between 2933 and 2400

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder

@sofrost What speed does it show in BIOS? Does your BIOS have an XMP option?

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • sofrost

My bios doesn’t even show anything about xmp

• sofrost

About the speed thing, where is that located? I think I may have an old bios/my model doesn’t have it (blue basic windows bios)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

It sounds more like the memory you got isn't the memory you ordered. The link you give is to 3200MHz memory without the need for XMP. If they sent you XMP memory instead then it would act as you are seeing, running the whole system at it's base speed, which seems to be 2400MHz.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sofrost

Is there a way to remove the ram without sliding the gpu out? (ill RMA the ram)

• sofrost

also, if i need to slide the gpu every time, is the sag bracket really necessary? it just gets in the way most of the time

• billsey

It's easiest to deal with if you remove the GPU and it's not that big of a deal to do. If the latch were not there you could get some weird errors that wouldn't directly point at the card not being fully seated, yet be caused by the card not being full seated. Hence the existence of the latch. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sofrost

what type of errors could happen? (5-6 hours currently with it off) considering keeping it off till the RMA'd ram comes

• billsey

Typically when a card isn't fully seated, but is almost, the errors are screen glitches and crashes related to the video drivers. If it's farther from correctly seated the system will not come up or in the worst case something important will fry.