forgot my password for chromebook 15

Ilayda
Ilayda Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2022 in Chromebooks

I would like to log in to my chromebook 15 to view my passwords. But i forgot that password. It says enter your password to configure security and login. But i don’t know the password, i forgot. Hoe can i log in?

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title and to include the topic issue]

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084

@Ilayda

It is very simple. You just need to type the password of your gmail email account.

If it says bad password or if you dont know the password. Please click on forgot password - It will send a code to your phone. Type the code - create a new password and login. You can even use a 2nd computer or a tablet or smartphone to change or reset the password of your existing email.

There is also an alternative option. If you look at the bottom left corner it willl show you - Browser as guest, shutdown , add person

click on add person - Try a different gmail email - type the password and you can still login with a different account.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

You can use a different machine to reset the password to your Google account, then make sure the Chromebook is connected to your network and use the new password to log in.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.