TravelMate 5760G missing drivers on clean Windows 10 build

Mjhenning
Mjhenning Member Posts: 1 New User

I've got an old TravelMate 5760G and I've recently noticed that my SD Card Reader doesn't work so I looked into the drivers and found that I have missing PCI Device and PCI Simple Communications Controller drivers. I clean installed windows 10 this morning to try and fix the SD Card Reader specifically but saw that all thoose drivers are missing aswell. Is there anyway I can try and install the neccessary drivers? I have tried installing the windows 8 sd card reader drivers from acer's site and this failed.

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon

Are the missing drivers listed as optional updates in windows update? If not, you can try iobit driver booster to find better drivers for SD card reader.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Use the Windows 8 drivers in compatibility mode if you are running Windows 10. The Card Reader driver and Fingerprint driver are the two usual suspects... If you are running the 32bit version, just install the 32bit drivers instead of the 64bit.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.