How to fix Acer Care Center is still initializing and how to startup care center austomatically?

chandaashoka
chandaashoka Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I reinstalled acer care center yesterday and i updated it from acer support site and after that it will not startup automatically when laptop on and when i try to open it it will not open and says acer care center is still initilizing and i think i did a very poor mistake because before that it had work properly and when computer on then automatically it had startup but now it not happen please tell me how to fix this problem??

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

There are lots of threads here with the answer to that:

1. Open Task Manager.
    2. Click "File" then Run New Task
    3. Browse and search in Program Files (x86) >> Acer >> Care Center
    4. Click "ACCStd" and your Acer Care Center Service will open
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓

There are lots of threads here with the answer to that:

1. Open Task Manager.
    2. Click "File" then Run New Task
    3. Browse and search in Program Files (x86) >> Acer >> Care Center
    4. Click "ACCStd" and your Acer Care Center Service will open
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Lia333
    Lia333 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2023

I'm using Windows 11 and billsey's solution (Task Manager > Run New Task > ACCStd.exe) worked to startup Acer Care Center again but the problem kept coming back every so often. If this is a reoccurring problem for you too, I found a solution that lasts longer:

1. Locate and right-click the "ACCStd.exe" file in (Program Files (x86) > Acer > Care Center)
    2. Click "Properties" and select the "Compatibility" tab
    3. Enable the checkboxes for "Run this program as an administrator" AND "Register this program for restart"
    4. Hit "Apply" and "OK"

If this also worked for you, give a 👍 Like 👍 to bump up this solution.

• shubhamsci011
    shubhamsci011 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2023

It worked for me. (But we have to right-click on ACCstd instead on ACCstd.exe and follow the process as the writer said). Thank you!!

• billsey

You just have the file extensions display turned off, that's why it shows only ACCStd instead of ACCStd.exe.

• Shubham07
    Shubham07 Member Posts: 1 New User

Sometime "Run this program as an administrator" AND "Register this program for restart", may not happen to you, but happen to me, then in compatibility, there is button "Run compatibility troubleshoot ", it will fix problem, for extra solution, sometime above solution is enough., Thanks for above solution, i able to solve many time, when i don't know this one also.

• jfarmer3
    jfarmer3 Member Posts: 1 New User

I had to right click on ACCSvc.exe to access the compatibility tab in Win 11.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,524 Pathfinder

I found that Acer Care Center does not run properly in Windows11, hangs, interferes with W11 Wau updates and the battery limiting option conflicts with BIOS and MS APC battery control. You don't need any of these apps, IMO either disable it or uninstall ACC. Even after uninstalling ACC some remnants remain in the W11 registry.