C27-1655 screen brightness

Agr_LR
Agr_LR Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi

Received the AIO yesteday brand new, plugged in and got started this morning but the screen brightness is noticeably dark despite the slider being set to 100%. Running Windows 10, is there anything I can do to increase the brightness?

TIA

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

It should have an internal battery pack. It should be fully charged and plugged in before turning it on for the first time. Then use brightness up hotkey.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Heheh, not really a laptop. The OSD might have a separate brightness function in addition to the Windows setting.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE

Specs and user manual suggests it also has an internal battery pack.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Huh, I don't see anything in the SG to even suggest there is any battery other than the CMOS, and since it's an All-In-One desktop there's no reason to put a battery pack in there.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE

It's in the frequently asked questions section of the AiO user's manual. Also mentioned in the c27-1655 AiO specsheets as the power adapter port for the battery pack.

Jack E/NJ

• Is the brightness still low when you access the bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Agr_LR
    Agr_LR Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm not hugely savvy when it comes to accessing the bios unfortunately! I've upgraded to WIndows 11 now, the brightness still isn't ideal but the blue tint on the screen is a bigger issue (HP M32F as second monitor and it's really noticeable), aside from my work documents looking blue, I'll be photo editing so keen to find out/learn how to sort it. I figured there may be setting somewhere that I'm missing - I've tried nightlight settings, calibrating the display colour and still no joy. It has NVIDIA GeForce MX330 so also not sure if there's something else I should be looking at

• JackE

>>>I'm not hugely savvy when it comes to accessing the bios unfortunately!>>>

You only need to be slightly savvy. Shut machine off. Turn it back on and immediately start tapping the DEL key till something happens. 🙂

Jack E/NJ