Brand new Nitro AN515-57 SSD not detected

Pecinskey
Pecinskey Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I'm about to pull all my hair out with this.

Just bought a brand new AN515-57 Nitro 5 (the last year's model) with the i7 11800H and 3060 RTX inside. It comes with the Western Digital m2 512GB SSD (i've physically checked, it's there and it's properly installed). 

BIOS won't detect it. So I cannot install Windows. I have a legit windows usb installer (set up via the windows tool), I also have a backup one created in RUFUS. Neither detect the SSD. The bios doesn't recognize the drive. 

I've also physically moved the SSD to the other m2 slot, same result. I downloaded the Win10 drivers from https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8963?b=1. I extracted the drivers into the USB where the win installation is - windows installer didn't detect the IRST driver nor any of the other ones. Then I placed the drivers on a seperate flash drive, same result. I've seen a post on these forums where I need to select a specific .inf file (forgot the file in question) inside of the IRST drivers, but I cannot see any files in the browse section of the windows installer, only the folders. 

I'm no tech guru, but I need this laptop for uni work. How do I make it detect my SSD, so I can install windows and carry on with my life?

Thanks very much in advance and have a blessed day!

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You have to access the bios, go to the main tab, type CTRL+S on the laptop keyboard and disable the vmd controller. The vmd controller has to appear. You also have the option to use this driver by clicking LOAD DRIVER in the windows installation: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/IRST/IRST_Intel_18.6.1.1016.2_W10x64W11x64_A.zip?acerid=637955187056643956&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=NITRO&Step3=NITRO%20AN515-57&OS=ALL&LC=pt&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3

Extract the driver with the winrar program to the root of the usb stick and then click on LOAD DRIVER.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Hey! The most important thing is to check if the ssd is showing up in the bios info tab. Can you send a picture of the bios info tab?

When you press ctrl+s in the main bios tab, does the vmd controller appear?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pecinskey

Tinkerer

Hi egydiocoelho, thanks for the quick answer! Yes, the SSD shows in the info tab. And no, when I press ctrl+s - nothing happens.

Forgot to mention that in the OP, sorry 'bout that. Any ideas as to what it may be?

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You have to access the bios, go to the main tab, type CTRL+S on the laptop keyboard and disable the vmd controller. The vmd controller has to appear. You also have the option to use this driver by clicking LOAD DRIVER in the windows installation: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/IRST/IRST_Intel_18.6.1.1016.2_W10x64W11x64_A.zip?acerid=637955187056643956&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=NITRO&Step3=NITRO%20AN515-57&OS=ALL&LC=pt&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3

Extract the driver with the winrar program to the root of the usb stick and then click on LOAD DRIVER.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pecinskey

Tinkerer

I decided to give it one more try and even though CTRL+S didn't do anything, I found the VMD Controller option inside the 'Main' bios screen, and disabled it. That resolved the issue. Thank you so much!

• AliG
    AliG Member Posts: 1 New User

@egydiocoelho Thank you so much 😉 You helped me a lot.

If someone would like advice on how to install Windows 11, please write🤗