Acer TravelMate P446-M Not wanting to show Spectrum Internet

I just got this laptop a month ago and we moved places and switched to Spectrum Internet, the WIFI didn't work on this laptop, it works fine on the smart tv's and phones but not my laptop.

I want this to be fixed so I can continue using my laptop. It is currently running Windows 11 (tpm requirement removed) ((when on windows 10 did the same thing))

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,437 Trailblazer

Your TravelMate P446-M uses a pretty standard WiFi design, though slightly dated by today's WiFi 6/6E standards. It supports 802.11a/b/g/n/ac and even if the router they provided is the very latest WiFi 6E it should be backwards compatible with your laptop. I assume the wireless worked fine with the previous network, so we're only looking at the new environment? I'm also going to assume you are running Windows 10 since your system has been around long enough to have done the free upgrade. Let me know if it's running W7, W8 or W8.1...

When you tr to connect to the Spectrum network, what happens? Does it connect, but doesn't let you browse the web, does it start to connect but fail, does it fail to connect, is the network not even listed?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ClamaniumOnYoutube
    ClamaniumOnYoutube Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Like I said I'm running windows 11 but did the same on windows 10, we used to have a different internet provider and it was fine a Linux live usb sees (and works fine) it must be a software issue. Also to answer your question it doesn't list it, but it lists the other spectrum routers near me (other houses) it works fine through ethernet. And another problem that might help if you knew this is when it was on a network that works (aka my old network) the Wi-Fi randomly cut out. Oh and to clarify the Spectrum internet router we have only broadcasts Wi-Fi 5.

• Some versions of your computer came with a wireless network card that does not support the 5Ghz (ac) band, see:

Can you tell me the model of your wireless network card and router? You may need 2.4Ghz band on the router.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ClamaniumOnYoutube

Tinkerer

intel wifi card enp2s0f1 and 60RP22070099474 spectrum route. But this shouldnt matter because it shows up and works fine on a ubuntu live usb? It seems more like a software issue in windows

• Can you tell me the model of the wireless network card that appears in the device manager?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ClamaniumOnYoutube

Tinkerer

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

• ClamaniumOnYoutube

Tinkerer

i dont know if these photos will help (the photo of windows is from my school laptop an not my main)

• ClamaniumOnYoutube

Tinkerer

sorry i forgot to put this photo in the other message aswell. I hope this helps you figure out the problem

• ClamaniumOnYoutube

Tinkerer

the 2.4 name is just there so our other devices connected (we moved places) it has no correspondence if its 5g or 2g

• billsey

I wonder if somehow you have SSID filtering on for your network. Open an administrative command prompt and type:

netsh wlan show filter

to see if any are enabled.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey

OK, so that SSID isn't hidden by the system. Can you do a screenshot showing the networks visible from network settings, like this one:

• Try installing the latest driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html

If the problem persists, please provide the exact model of the router.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ClamaniumOnYoutube

Tinkerer

(THIS IS FILLER TEXT SO I CAN POST COMMENT)(THIS IS FILLER TEXT SO I CAN POST COMMENT)

• ClamaniumOnYoutube

Tinkerer

This software package cannot be installed on your system.

• When you remove both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi network passwords through the router, does the same problem occur?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ClamaniumOnYoutube

Tinkerer

There is no option, It has one network of 5g and i named it to 2.4g to make our old devices connect. Do you have a discord or skype i could use with you to make it easier?

• ClamaniumOnYoutube

Tinkerer

Discord: Clamanium#9102

(text so i can post comment weird acer forums)

• Try changing the channel from the 5Ghz band to 36 on the router and check if the problem persists.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ClamaniumOnYoutube

Tinkerer

as i said i cannot change the band of the router because there is no option because spectrum is dumb, and also as i stated its a software issue as Linux can see and use it just fine