Email verification process is broken, so I can't change email.

Sea_Monkey
Sea_Monkey Member Posts: 1 New User

I've encountered a bug, I don't know if it is just me or everyone.

I try to change my email address in Acer profile settings. A window pops up where I would enter a verification code sent to my inbox. I get the code and enter it, I press submit. The verification window then freezes like that (shown below). The only way to exit from this window is to refresh the page. This cancels my changes. And no, it is not my internet connection. Yes, I've tried waiting.

Another note that might be relevant to the problem - the process of entering the code is very strange. Entering the first number does not move the cursor to the next field. I have to manually click the next field to enter the next number. This also means that pasting the code does not work. It might be connected to why the window gets stuck, since no other sites using this style of verification work this way.

My question is... what do I do?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

I'll escalate this to the moderators to see if there's anything they can do for you. They won't be able to do anything until the workweek starts though...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

I'll escalate this to the moderators to see if there's anything they can do for you. They won't be able to do anything until the workweek starts though...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,274 Community Administrator

Hello Sea_Monkey,

Thank you for your participation in the Acer Community. We are sorry to hear you're having issues changing the email address of your Acer ID. I sent you a private message, please reply at your convenience.

Best Regards,

Acer-Ingrid

• Gands
    Gands Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the same issue every single time (18 so far) I get the email enter the code exactly as written and the stupid thing says wrong number.