How do you fix an Acer Aspire 1 A114-32 “No Bootable Device” error?

Spoken2005
Spoken2005 Member Posts: 3 New User

I’ve been trying to figured out why does it keep giving me this error when trying many methods into fixing this problem on YouTube, but it never worked out for me for some reason…

So if anyone has/does know the solution to this problem, please lmk so that way I can be able to get my Acer laptop back on running Windows 11 again.

Thanks!

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon

Can you post a photo of the bios information tab?

• Spoken2005
    Spoken2005 Member Posts: 3 New User
  • ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677

Hi @Spoken2005

You can try to do a BIOS reset to check if that makes any difference.

How do I reset my BIOS/UEFI to default settings?

1. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, or until your system shuts completely down.
    2. Power on the system.
    3. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.
    4. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.

If that doesn't work then you can try to do a reset to check if that makes any difference.

Check the above link to do a reset.

NOTE: Make sure to backup all the data before the reset.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• Does your model come with a welded emmc? The ssd, hdd or emmc is not showing up in the bios info tab.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

I believe all, or at least most, A114-32 SKUs came with an eMMC drive on the motherboard. What are the rest of the letters in your model designation? It should be A114-32-xxxx and those last four define the configuration and language. eMMC drives have a much shorter life than other drive types, so it's not unusual to have them fail after a few years. Likely your system is an N4100 CPU and 64GB eMMC with 4GB of ram. If the eMMC has failed you are likely out of luck, since that model doesn't look like it's got an M.2 connector for a SSD. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ghosthack07
    Ghosthack07 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello maybe someone of you could help me, so i'm from Germany and have got the same netbook (i got it for free), i had the same Problem but i can see my emmc name and number so i thinked it will be detected by the system but it wouldn't i searched on so many internet websites that my last way is to ask a forum…

Pls help me if you can

• billsey

Having the system detect the eMMC doesn't mean the eMMC is working, it only means that it can be detected… If you boot from a Windows install flash drive you can use the Repair option to get to a command prompt, then verify the drive is fully functional by copying data to and from it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ghosthack07
    Ghosthack07 Member Posts: 2 New User

But if i use my Windows flash drive ( i had make it with the media creation tool) there isn't any option to chose the emmc because it isn't detected by the stick or by the system.

If i want to repair it with the Flash stick there stay: the repair failed, pls watch for an drive and restart your system, so its impossible to watch if the emmc is working or not…

maybe you could help me on a other way, maybe that i can use the emmc normally…

• billsey

Then very likely the eMMC drive has failed and the only option is to replace or repair the motherboard, which likely isn't cost effective. :(

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey

An A314-31 is very different than the A114-32 this thread is for.