Connecting Acer Chromebook 315 to mobile hotspot(iPhone XR)

Kolby2634
Kolby2634 Member Posts: 8 New User

Hello. I’ve been using my iPhone XR as a hotspot for my Acer Chromebook 315. It was working fine for about a month but yesterday my Chromebook started displaying a message that read “the network you are using may require you to login). When I click on the notification, the page fails to load. Can someone help me solve this issue? I’ve already tried restarting my laptop, restarting my phone, and contacting my mobile carrier. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Did Google just do an OS update? They sometimes have to tweak their tweaks... :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kolby2634

Thanks for responding. I can’t check for updates because my hotspot is my only form of Wi-Fi. Do you know of any other reason why this notification would pop up because I e been using my hotspot for months now but this message just started popping up a few days ago?

• Kolby2634

I need help removing this. Notice I have successfully connected to the hotspot but this notification won’t let me use the internet.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

You seem to have posted the same question in a bunch of different threads all over the community. :( That makes it really hard for use to decide which ones to respond to. Normally at that point you click on the warning and it opens a new tab to the hotspot login page. My best guess is Google has done an update recently that either puts that message up erroneously or the hotspot login page is just a placeholder that completes the connection. In the latter case it would be more likely a change on the phone side, perhaps the carrier is going to start charging for tethering support...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kolby2634

I apologize for the confusion. I’m new to this platform and accidentally created my first post as a discussion instead of a question. Thank you for helping.