Spin 713: Saves on nebo do not work. old acer r13 year 2017 yes. what can I do?

auleia
auleia Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
edited October 2022 in Chromebooks

spin 713 i5 version 2021, saves on nebo do not work. old acer r13 year 2017 yes. what can I do? thank you

( edited the title to add the model name )

Best Answer

• auleia
    Answer ✓

updated Nebo, now everything works.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Have you enabled syncing by signing in to both your myscripts and cloud storage accounts? Follow directions in this link.

https://app-support.myscript.com/support/solutions/articles/16000085510-sync-with-google-drive-or-icloud

Jack E/NJ

• auleia

already done to myscript. they say the problem is not theirs, rightly so. if the chromebook or chromeos don't show google drive storage, not even Nebo can work

• JackE

Yes, but you must also be signed into your google drive account. Are you signed into your google drive account?

Jack E/NJ

• auleia

logged in, you see that it does the nebo backup, but does not generate the .nebo file. if I export a note it can only be done in text format and not in pdf. there is some problem with chromeOS, done powerwash several times.

we also have two 2017 acer r13s that have no problem with nebo, nor with google drive and nebo storage data.

very strange, never had problems with chromebooks, the acer r13 i have it since 2017 always perfect even today. can anyone find a solution?

i wrote to acer support and google support, google says it's hardware manufacturer problem, but what the hell do they say, chromeOS is google no manufacturer customize.

I'm really desperate, need nebo for a college student. thank you

• JackE

Please note in the instruction at the link posted earlier, "Please be aware that even after you have synced your notes with Google Drive or iCloud you will not be able to see your .nebo files listed in your cloud account, even though they are there."

https://app-support.myscript.com/support/solutions/articles/16000085510-sync-with-google-drive-or-icloud

AFAIK, Dropbox actually lets you see your .nebo files in the cloud. See this link for instructions. Perhaps that's how you're accessing them on the other machines.. https://app-support.myscript.com/support/solutions/articles/16000092783-about-the-sync-feature

Perhaps if you can actually see the .nebo files via Dropbox, you might be able to unhide them so they're visible to other cloud file managers.

Jack E/NJ

• auleia

it is not true that the files are not seen on google drive. I also have nebo on acer r13 of 2017, I can make backups and I see the xxxx.nebo file in google drive, and I can export a note in pdf.

• auleia
  • JackE

>>>I also have nebo on acer r13 of 2017,>>>

Yes, but does this system use Dropbox even indirectly?

Jack E/NJ

• auleia

google drive

• JackE

So you're claiming this myscript sync-ing information notes must be wrong?

"Please be aware that even after you have synced your notes with Google Drive or iCloud you will not be able to see your .nebo files listed in your cloud account, even though they are there."

Jack E/NJ

• auleia

up view link image

• JackE

Perhaps you should sign in to your myscripts account and determine from their support what's going on with your Spin713. Because from reading their instructions, the Spin713 seems to be behaving as it should by hiding the .nebo files in google drive.

I can't explain why the R13 seems to be behaving differently from google drive. Maybe there is a plug-in that's on the R13 but not on the Spin713?

Maybe they can explain it. Because I can't Sorry.

Jack E/NJ

• auleia

for myscript the problem is of the chromebook, I have to try to enable, other settings and permissions> permissions> storage, but I can't find anything neither on the net nor with acer support or google support. no one seems to know what the problem may be, it's impossible

• auleia

for myscript the problem is of the chromebook, I have to try to enable, other settings and permissions> permissions> storage, but I can't find anything neither on the net nor with acer support or google support. no one seems to know what the problem may be, it's impossible

• auleia

edit double post

• JackE

>>>for myscript the problem is of the chromebook>>>

Did myscript support tell you this?

Jack E/NJ

• auleia

yes, they know nothing else, and they say that I have to find a way to enable augtorizations, permissions that are not even in NEBO, while all other applications have them. I am still amazed, I don't understand, never seen such a problem before

• JackE

Then ask myscript support why they said....

"Please be aware that even after you have synced your notes with Google Drive ... you will not be able to see your .nebo files..."

....but somehow you can see them on your old R13.

I suspect there's a nebo plug in for the google drive file manager that's installed on the old R13 that hasn't been installed on the spin 713 yet. The plug in probably allows you to see the nebo files with the google drive file manager.

Jack E/NJ

• auleia
    edited September 2022

even removing remove if the application is not used the archiving does not appear

• auleia

this window instead is of the acer r13 2017