Unstable internal speaker sound on HDMI at H6800BDa

AdamWeisz
AdamWeisz Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I have installed 2 pcs H6800BDa projectors with a mediaplayer on HDMI source. Sometimes there is sound on the internal speaker, sometimes not. I could not identify whenever it works. I tried the player with other TVs, projectors, tried with different cables, so the projectors has to be the faulty.

Thanks, Adam

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer

Intermittent behavior suggests HDMI port spade contacts may have slight perservative or residue on contacts embedded in spade. Lightly moisten a q-tip cotton swab with rubbing alcohol to help clean the top and bottom surfaces of the spade. Then re-seat the HDMI plugs a few times by slight in and out movements before finally fully pushing the plug into the HDMI port.

Jack E/NJ

• AdamWeisz

Dear Jack,

Thanks for the reply. As I wrote, there is 2 pcs of new projectors and a new media player, so I don't think it's dirty.

Adam

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer

Doesn't matter if they're new. They could very well have factory contact preservative on them to help keep them from developing an oxidized thin film. Try to clean them anyway with a cotton swab slightly moistened with rubbing alcohol..

Jack E/NJ

• AdamWeisz

Thanks, I give a try.