Acer Crystal Eye Webcam does not work after upgrade to Windows 8

2»

Answers

• AJSmith1985UK
    AJSmith1985UK Member Posts: 6 New User

Im not sure if this will help but ive noticed one thing you dont need to use the acer app for the webcam ive tried using the one installed with windows 8 called Photo + Video its the green tiles on your start screen for photos/video and works fine

As for web conferencing/msn for example i found it works without issues

as i said this may be useless info but its what ive learnt.

• onlymy2cents
    onlymy2cents Member Posts: 2 New User

If you recently installed Windows 8 on a computer that had a different operating system on it and you can get your webcam to work on the desktop side of Windows 8 but not in the Metro side of Windows 8, this may solve your issue.

Follow these steps to get your webcam working in both desktop and metro sides of Windows 8.

1. Go Settings/Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Devices and Printers/Device Manager

2. Go to the Imaging Devices and Disable the webcam

3. Go to Control Panel/Program and find your webcam's DRIVER and uninstall the DRIVER, not the webcam.

4. Shut down your computer; wait 30 seconds and turn it back on. Login and go back to the Device Manager (see steps 1 and 2 above) and then ENABLE the webcam.

This worked like a charm for me on my Fujitsu T5010 built-in webcam. I hope it works for you too.

• ikhwanulfajri
    ikhwanulfajri Member Posts: 1 New User

ma acer crystal eye webcam won't work after its asking for udpate. the camera now turn into spca2082PC camera, it was hd webcam before. i think that is the problem. i already take my notebook (Aspire M5-481TG) to acer center, and it's fine now. should i take to acer center everytime my webcam won't work? its silly...

after googling and searching at forum on the internet about this problem, and ofcourse acer professor, its always said to reinstall, or take it back into factory setting (and backup first). It's silly....

why acer did'nt give the simple solution with answering my simple question, how to change SPCA2082 PC Camera into HD Webcam again like first time i bought it. Because IMHO i think this is the problem, the SPCA2082 thing!!

Why acer didn't make a simple way to turn SPCA2082 into HD Webcam? Because if i'm looking into imging device it's said Imaging Device SPCA2082, and it said working. The fact? It just show a blank black page.

• garidanet
    garidanet Member Posts: 1 New User

I did the following:

Opened the folder C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\usbvideo.inf_amd64_5cd0a3ac2020bf43 (I don't if the name of the folders are the sabe, anyway I think it's straightforward to find). I right-clicked usbvideo.inf (a file that dates back to 2012) and selected to install. Problem seems solved, but I just did it, so a full report only can only be written within next weeks.

Best regards, André.