Detailed specs, Chromebook 317 (specifically sdcard capacity/speed) CB317-1H

wmorrison
wmorrison Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2022 in Chromebooks

Can't find any detailed specs for this model. I think it's CB317-1H (no touchscreen, Celeron N4500.)

Specifically at the moment looking for the maximum capacity and speed supported for the microsd card slot. E.g. will it fully support a v90 card. Not just "will it work" but "will it support it at full speed." And if not, what's the fastest, v60, v30, what? Then capacity. Not all devices support "huge" cards. Of course if it supports v90 at full speed, capacities of available microsd cards will tend to be lower, but need to know both speed and capacity to make the best choice.

Other than sdcard support specs, I'm disappointed there aren't further detailed specs beyond CPU and memory. I realize it's a Chromebook and most people "just use it" and don't care about specs, but I do.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

Hello!!

@wmorrison,

Please find below the complete storage specs & Embedded MultiMedia Card (eMMC) specs for Chromebook CB317-1H.

Hope this information helps you.

Regards,

Balatekie

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

Hello!!

@wmorrison,

Please find below the complete storage specs & Embedded MultiMedia Card (eMMC) specs for Chromebook CB317-1H.

Hope this information helps you.

Regards,

Balatekie

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• wmorrison
    wmorrison Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks, it's somewhat helpful.

For MicroSD, it doesn't look like specs so much as tests of various cards, none of which are higher than Class 10, even though a few say 30 MB/s. So can't count on any faster class, that's disappointing.

For eMMC, I didn't ask but still thanks for the info, it may be useful.

Where did you find this information?