Only keyboard camera available There is no switch button as a option on Acer Spin 11 CP511-1H.

NixonDad
NixonDad Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Chromebooks
When I use google hangouts or open the camera app only the keyboard camera works and points straight up. There is no switch button as a option as described in the help sections or online? 
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Open DeviceManager. Do you see any red or yellow warnings? If none, click on Imaging Devices folder. Please post screenshot if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Needless to say, Device Manager isn't there on a Chromebook. Can you show us a screen shot with the Camera app up? Both of my current Chromebooks have only one camera, so I can't show you from mine...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • NixonDad

Tinkerer

Here is a picture of the camera app, no switch button present and pointing straight up. 
  • JackE
    billsey>>>Needless to say, Device Manager isn't there on a Chromebook.>>>

It's good you said it though. :)

How about the suggestion in this link for switching the cameras? https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/4487486?hl=en

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• NixonDad

Tinkerer

No there is no camera switch button as described in that link.
  • JackE
    Can you actually see the other cam pinhole & LED?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• NixonDad

Tinkerer

Yes, you can see both in this picture and no switch option 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Since the symbol isn't there I can only assume the machine isn't seeing the top camera at all. That's typically a job for Acer support... I wonder if there's a way to stand it up so the cam that is working is horizontal (keyboard vertical)? You could always plug in a second keyboard if you needed to type while on screen.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 2TwinDad
    2TwinDad Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I have the same issue with a similar Chromebook.
    Only the camera keyboard camera is working and visible in the settings. 
    @NixonDad, did Acer support provide a solution?
  • NixonDad

Tinkerer

@2twindad I didn’t contact them but have a feeling that something is disconnected internally from what I have read up on. 
  • Wendypape2000
    Wendypape2000 Member Posts: 1 New User

Did anyone figure this out. ??My kid needs this for Zoom meeting with his teacher but webcam camera doesn’t work in zoom . Only the keyboard camera works which isn’t ideal as it just shows my ceiling . When I spin it and turn it into tablet mode …keyboard facing us the keyboard camera shows us on the other side fine but that’s not ideal as can’t access the keyboard then… not sure if this makes any sense ?

it works fine through messenger video Withiut doing anything, not zoom. There also is no switch button in zoom.

any thoughts ?

• JackE

>>>it works fine through messenger video With[o]ut doing anything, not zoom. There also is no switch button in zoom.>>>

Doesn't sound like a cam hardware issue. Have you registered and posted to the zoom forums?

Jack E/NJ

• DANCAN
    DANCAN Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, here are the options to chose the camera in Zoom web interface.

Have a nice day