Webcam driver for Nitro AN515-51

clark13542
clark13542 Member Posts: 1 New User
My webcam just suddenly stopped working. If I open anything that uses it, the green LED light turns on, but the video is just black. Device Manager calls it "PC Camera", and lists a Microsoft driver dated 6/21/2006. Update says this is the current driver. Acer driver page lists nothing for the webcam. Since I can't identify device manufacturer, I can't go to their website and get any help.

Other troubleshooting tried - webcamtests.com sees my camera, but returns an "OverconstrainedErrornullnull; Object" error when I try to test it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. I updated to Windows 10 1909 since the last time the webcam worked, so I uninstalled that update, but nothing changed. I did take apart my screen two weeks ago to replace the back plate, but I have used the webcam multiple times since then, and not had any problems until now. 

I am doing a lot of streaming and web conferencing right now (aren't we all?), so this is a terrible time to have my webcam go down.  

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,076 Pathfinder
    i made some steps to solve your issue
    step A
    1. click on window icon thenEnter troubleshoot in the search box, and click Troubleshoot settings.troubleshoot error code 0xa00f4271
    2. Next, select the Microsoft Store App troubleshooter within the Settings window that opens.
    3. Then click the Run this troubleshooter button.windows store apps troubleshooter error code 0xa00f4271
    4. Thereafter, users can go through the resolutions provided by the troubleshooter.
    5. Restart Window and check
    STEP B
    • Click on window icon Camera app and right click on the camera app result
    • Under right-click context menu select App settings
    • Under camera app settings, scroll and locate & hit the reset buttonWindows 10 Camera Settings Reset
    • Confirm your action by selecting the reset button and again
    After doing above steps make sure you give permission go to settings and click on the Privacy category. Select Camera under the App permissions section on the left. On the right panel, you have to turn on the setting “Allow apps to access your camera“. Scroll down to locate the Camera app and grant permission for it to access the webcam.

That’s it. Now check and see if Windows 10 Camera app is working.

STEP C

There is norton antivirus that comes preinstalled on acer laptop follow these step i know because antivirus installed in my laptop also 

• Start Norton (click on window icon search norton click on it)

If you see the My Norton window, next to Device Security, click Open.

• In the Norton main window, click Settings.

• In the Settings window, click SafeCam.

• In the SafeCam window, move the SafeCam Feature switch to Off

This is feature is on by default you need to turn off
    STEP D
    1. click on window icon enter camera in its search box.
    2. Select Camera privacy settings in search results to open the window shown directly below.privacy settings camera error code 0xa00f4271
    3. If that window states Camera access to this device is off, users will need to click Change and toggle the Camera access for this device option on.
    4. Then turn the Allow apps to access your camera option on.
    5. Check that the webcam app you’re trying to utilize the camera with are also enabled under the Choose which apps can access your camera subheading.
    6. Restart Windows after adjusting camera settings.
    STEP E
    (Before doing this step, backup your registry it will take 2-3mins very easy to backup you can Google if you don't know how to do)
    registry edit might be among the best fixes. Edit the registry as follows.
    1. First, open Run with the Windows key + R hotkey. Then users can open the Registry Editor by entering regedt in Run and clicking OK.
    2. Open this registry path in the Registry Editor:
      • <strong>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWOW6432NodeMicrosoftWindows Media Foundation</strong>windows media foundation regedit error code 0xa00f4271
    3. Double-click Windows Media Foundation on the left of the Registry Editor.
    4. Right-click a space on the right of the Registry Editor’s window and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    5. Enter EnableFrameServerMode as the title for the new DWORD.enableframeservermode dword error code 0xa00f4271
    6. Then double-click EnableFrameServerMode to open the window in the shot directly below.value data error code 0xa00f4271
    7. Input 0 in the Data value text box, and click the OK button.
    8. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > WOW6432Node > Microsoft > Windows Media Foundation > Platform.
      9. Repeat steps 4-6 if you own the 64-bit version of Windows.
      10. Restart your PC to update those changes.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • BradSpin3
    BradSpin3 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Clark, can you please go to the driver properties for your camera and tell me the path and filename of driver(s) your camera is using?  Even though it isn't working, what you have is better than most people (like me) where the device won't even show up other than as a USB device with a failed descriptor so not even looking like a camera.  Thanks!
  • LiftedCorn
    LiftedCorn Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have same problem as clark. It shows black. Please let me know if you find any solution. okay ?
  • Amirez
    Amirez Member Posts: 1 New User
    clark13542I tried everything man , YouTube , Microsoft help and nothing worked but i found the solution to my problem and i hope it helps you out 
    1 . Go to your search bar  and type Services 
    2. scroll all the way down until you find "Windows Camera Frame server" , in my case this was Disabled
    3. Right click and select properties 
    4 . On the start up type you will switch it to manual or automatic (your choice it does not matter) , press apply and the camera app should be working fine hope it helped :D 
  • slimane
    slimane Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2022
    hello, 
    i have the same problem, i tried all the steps including changing the Windows camera frame to automatic, but still does not work, the problem started the day I installed iVcam 

• andersonrs66
    andersonrs66 Member Posts: 1 New User

hello, solved here by manually choosing the "correct" driver.

1. open the device manage
    2. find out the USB device with a warning flag on the icon
    3. right-clic>>properties
    4. go to details
    5. verify the VID / PID of the device (VID_04F2 PID_B64F) in my case
    6. Google for the right driver for this VID / PID (Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd)
    7. install driver.
    8. go back to the properties of the device (step 4)
    9. Click on update driver
    10. Click on Browse my computer for drivers >>let me pick from a list of device drivers...
    11. unflag the "show compatible hardware"
    12. browse the list to Chicony generic USB hub
    13. Click on next
    14. camera working!

sorry for the long list but I don't have much time to take the screenshots by now but I feel it could help someone here.