Should my chromebook Spin 713 recognize a sandisk 128gb sdxc micro sd card CP713-3W-5102

larmart
larmart Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2022 in Chromebooks

Should my chromebook Spin 713 recognize a sandisk 128gb sdxc micro sd card

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

We need more information. Which Spin 713 model do you have? They have different features added or removed each year so the answer could be very different depending on which model you have. It should be something like CP713-xxx-xxxx. Most Chromebooks are tested with SDXC cards up to 64GB, but there's no reason I can think of why larger sizes wouldn't be supported, unless they were formatted in a method that ChromeOS doesn't support.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • larmart
    larmart Member Posts: 2 New User

It's a CP713-3W-5102. Further info, it's running the latest version of Chrome OS and initially recognized the card but said it needed to be formatted. Once formatted it won't recognize the card. I put a 32gb card in and it works great.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

Check to see what format was used on the 32GB and what was on the large drive. Chromebooks use FAT32 by default and that should be good to 2TB and fail on larger cards. There isn't a hardware limitation on the SD card slot, since it's specced to support SD, SDHC and SDXC.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.