Acer aspire one keyboard not working

Melvg5
Melvg5 Member Posts: 2 New User
About 2 weeks ago my keyboard started acting up. Some days it would work and others it would not. It has not worked for a week now and I have tried using an external keyboard. The problem is that I cannot get past the password when I start up my laptop. However if i hit the s key it takes me to the shutdown menu. I have tried looking on the forum for a solution but did not see anything that has worked. The scroll lock and number lock are both off, so what else can I try? Help please

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Mel, we'd like to help. Can you post the model of your laptop, the version of Windows that you are using, and tell us how long you have had your rig? Have you changed any of the hardware or upgraded from one operating system to another?

• Melvg5
    Melvg5 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Model number is NAV50. It is running Windows 7 Starter. I have not changed any hardware and am using the operating system the laptop cam with. I have had the laptop for 2.5 maybe 3years.
  • Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Mel, it took me a while to find a single review of your netbook. It gets a pretty good rating for a low-end machine. For such a small netbook, it has an unusually large keyboard, which is very well-made. After three years, it appears that your keyboard is worn out. A shop might be able to fix or replace it.

I don't understand your password problem. Were you using a password with your original  keyboard? I don't see how an external keyboard would require a password if the computer does not. A good repair shop might be able to start your system and then delete the password requirement.

You do realize that for about $200 you can get a new laptop that is bigger and more powerful than this one. I wouldn't spend a lot fixing it.

This discussion has been closed.