I am looking for step by step instructions to reinstall Windows 10 on a Nitro 5 laptop AN515-52

Huffer
Huffer Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2022 in Nitro Gaming
I have tried every option I know to install the operating system. I am trying to install a 1TB SSD along with an Optane 16GB memory card.

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title]

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited August 2022
    What is the exact model name? Example AN515-55-58VH.
    Prepare a bootable USB flash drive with Windows Media Creation Tool using this link:
    Then enable F12 boot menu in the bios:
    1. Restart the computer.
    2. Press the F2 key to enter computer's BIOS Setup during Power-On Self-Test, or POST, process while the Acer logo is being displayed.
    3. Press the Right Arrow key to select Main
    4. Select F12 Boot Menu
    5. Press the Enter key
    6. Select Enabled
    7. Press the Enter key
    8. Press the F10 key and then press the Enter key to save the changes and restart the computer.
    Then insert the USB flash drive, restart the computer, select your USB drive in the boot menu and follow the instructions.

• Huffer
    Have tried all of that. Model is Nitro AN515-52
    I suspect the Optane module is faulty, but I have no way of testing it.
  • wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    Do you have an error message during installation?
  • Huffer
    That is the frustrating thing there is no error message. I can occasionally get it to load and then after I have loaded a few drivers it just shuts down. Other times it shuts down before it loads and goes to blue screen. It was working OK before I changed the drive. I have tried changing bios to AHCI and disabling secure boot but neither have achieved anything. I have tried several different drives both SSD and HDD. Unfortunately the original drive won't work now because I reformatted it and attempted to use it for reinstall test.
    The Optane drive is recognized in the initial setup of the Windows install.
  • Is the ssd showing up in the bios info tab?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Huffer
    Yes the SSD is showing in the bios info tab
  • OK! Is it an nvme ssd or a 2.5" ssd? Can you send a picture of the bios info tab?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Huffer
    The Optane module is in the nvme socket. It is a 2.5" sata SSD.
  • Huffer
    edited August 2022
    Bios pictures. The optane module does not show on any of these, but it does show when the operating system starts to load

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information.]
  • OK! Disassemble the laptop, disconnect the lithium battery, then disconnect the optane memory. Reconnect the lithium battery and turn on the computer. Access the bios, go to the main tab and change the sata mode to ahci.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer