WiFi an Acer M3910

Leon56
Leon56 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2022 in Windows 10
I have very recently had full fibre installed. Yet I am not getting the same speeds on my computer which in an Acer M3910 running windows 10. As I am getting on my Sony mobile phone. Is this because the onboard WiFi card is not capable of handling the speeds?? Can anyone suggest a suitable Pcie WiFi / Bluetooth card??

( Edited the title to add the model name )

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    What is the exact model name? Example AN515-55-58VH. Which WLAN card is installed?

• What is the band? 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    So some Aspire M3910 models came with a WiFi card installed and I'm going to make the assumption that is what is installed in yours. The cards that came with them back in the day were 802.11a/b/g/n, with n the fastest supported speed. In the real world n tends to run out of steam near 100Mbps, even though theoretical maximums are supposed to be 600Mbps. Your best bet, if connecting a wire to the Ethernet port isn't viable, is to either replace that card with a current version or to get a USB adapter. Take a look at your router specs, if you are on fibre then it is likely new enough to support 802.11ac (what is now called WiFi 5) or 802.11ax (WiFi 6 or 6E), and get the appropriate version to replace this old one. WiFi 7 isn't likely to get approved as a standard for another couple of years, and it will be a year or two after that before devices are available, so no reason to wait. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.