Acer nitro 5 an517-51 is not booting up. Stuck on Acer logo

Bebsi
Bebsi Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited January 2023 in Nitro Gaming
I woke up this morning's and my Acer nitro 5 an517-51 is getting stuck on the Acer logo when booting up. I also can't seem to access the BIOS.

There was no hardware or software changes, this just started happening randomly
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Try resetting the battery: turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @Bebsi

You can also try a reset to check if that makes any difference. Check the blow steps to do a reset.

How Factory Reset Your PC using Acer Reset key
    1. Press the Power key for 5 seconds to power off Acer computer completely. Then restart the computer and press Alt + F10 when its logo shows up.
    2. Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC. 
    3. Click Next, then select Just remove my files.
    4. Press Reset to begin the recovery.
    NOTE: But you will loose all the data in the laptop.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • Bebsi

Tinkerer

ragsak28 said:
    Hi @Bebsi

You can also try a reset to check if that makes any difference. Check the blow steps to do a reset.

How Factory Reset Your PC using Acer Reset key
    1. Press the Power key for 5 seconds to power off Acer computer completely. Then restart the computer and press Alt + F10 when its logo shows up.
    2. Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC. 
    3. Click Next, then select Just remove my files.
    4. Press Reset to begin the recovery.
    NOTE: But you will loose all the data in the laptop.

Hope it will help you in some way.
    I have tried this and nothing, I can't seem to access the BIOS at all. It's just stuck on the Acer logo
  • Bebsi

Tinkerer

Try resetting the battery: turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.

I tried this and still have the same problem
  • wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    Can you enter the BIOS? Turn off the machine, press the power button and immediately after that press F2 quickly for several times. When you see the the Acer logo, it is already too late. Then try again.
  • Bebsi

Tinkerer

wascas said:
    Can you enter the BIOS? Turn off the machine, press the power button and immediately after that press F2 quickly for several times. When you see the the Acer logo, it is already too late. Then try again.
    No I can't. I've tried so many combinations however I found that I only access the BIOS when I remove the ssd
  • wascas
    edited August 2022
    Is your machine under warranty?
  • Bebsi

Tinkerer

wascas said:
    Is your machine under warranty?
    No it's not. Do I need a new SSD?
  • wascas
    Before buying a new SSD be sure that the old one is broken. Maybe you can check the ssd yourself with special tools or take it to a computer store nearby to have it checked.
  • Try unplugging both ssds and the hard drive. First disconnect the lithium battery, disconnect both ssds and hdd, in that order. Then just connect the lithium battery and turn on the computer. Try accessing the bios. If you can access the bios, then it could be that the ssd or hdd is faulty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbyIewuLGy4

Disconnect the Lition battery and connect only one ssd and then reconnect the battery. Turn on the computer and check if the problem remains. Then do the same test with the other ssd and hdd.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rxdsd
    Rxdsd Member Posts: 1 New User

Try this:

First power button for 5 sec than turn off

Then connect charger and restart

It works for me 🤠