Change Aspire V3-575G 1366 × 768 screen to FHD which suits my needs perfectly

LucMorizur
LucMorizur Member Posts: 7 New User
Hi;
I got a refurbished Acer Aspire V3-575G which suits my needs perfectly, except for the screen resolution which, at 1366 × 768 pixels, is quite low. The screen appears to be a AUO B156XTN04.5; I didn't check yet the number of pins of the connector.

Do you think it could be possible to change this screen for a FHD? Many thanks for your help.
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it is possible, though it might not be cost effective. There are three different FHD displays Acer used on those models, part numbers: KL.15608.021, KL.1560D.019 & KL.15606.001. They are functionally the same and are interchangeable. The cable running between the MB and display is that same for the FHD and WXGA versions, only the touchscreen versions have a different cable. You are likely to find though that a replacement display is very close to the cost of a replacement laptop on the secondary market...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Yes, the motherboards are the same between the two different model types, so should have no issues with the higher resolution display.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it is possible, though it might not be cost effective. There are three different FHD displays Acer used on those models, part numbers: KL.15608.021, KL.1560D.019 & KL.15606.001. They are functionally the same and are interchangeable. The cable running between the MB and display is that same for the FHD and WXGA versions, only the touchscreen versions have a different cable. You are likely to find though that a replacement display is very close to the cost of a replacement laptop on the secondary market...
  • LucMorizur
    Many thanks billsey for your very fast and documented answer. As for the cost effectiveness, well the first search I made using the references you gave, showed screens for less than 100 €, which would make the total of my laptop less than 500 €, which is fair enough for me.

Still one question though: will the graphic card of the Aspire V3-575G be able to drive this screen resolution, isn't the graphic card limited to the initial resolution of 1366 × 768 pixels? And, if the card is OK, maybe I'll have some firmware to upgrade?

Many thanks for your help.

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Yes, the motherboards are the same between the two different model types, so should have no issues with the higher resolution display.
  • LucMorizur
    Many thanks again billsey. Then I shall order a new screen, change it, and, if my laptop still works 😑, come back here to give the feedback. Talk to you soon hopefully!

• billsey
    Heck, let us know if it doesn't work for some reason as well! :)
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    Many thanks billsey for your very fast and documented answer. As for the cost effectiveness, well the first search I made using the references you gave, showed screens for less than 100 €, which would make the total of my laptop less than 500 €, which is fair enough for me.

Still one question though: will the graphic card of the Aspire V3-575G be able to drive this screen resolution, isn't the graphic card limited to the initial resolution of 1366 × 768 pixels? And, if the card is OK, maybe I'll have some firmware to upgrade?

Many thanks for your help.

LucMorizur just as a further suggestion to you, have a look at this site LS Laptop Screens (this link is just a random V3-575G screen that they sell and may NOT be the exact and suitable screen for your V3-573g) as you should look at your old screens part numbers and look that exact screen part number up if its possible to do their suggested  "UPGRADE OPTIONS" for your Aspire V3-575G screens, as it depends on the actual mobo "pin video connector plug" as some have 30 or 35 or 40 pins etc.
  • LucMorizur
    billsey said:
    Heck, let us know if it doesn't work for some reason as well! :)
    Yes, if something is going wrong, I'll try to find out why, and tell.

StevenGen said:
    LucMorizur just as a further suggestion to you, have a look at this site LS Laptop Screens (this link is just a random V3-575G screen that they sell and may NOT be the exact and suitable screen for your V3-573g) as you should look at your old screens part numbers and look that exact screen part number up if its possible to do their suggested  "UPGRADE OPTIONS" for your Aspire V3-575G screens, as it depends on the actual mobo "pin video connector plug" as some have 30 or 35 or 40 pins etc.
    Yes, thanks for the advice. I think I already noticed this site on another post on this forum; anyway it was useful to tell.
    But I first need to check the exact type of the current screen, so to be certain of the one to order (mainly the connector type, as I feel).

• LucMorizur

Hi;

quite some time since this discussion was started. Well, just wanted to say that I finally ordered a new screen and exchanged it; and in fact thanks to this model you can hardly make more simple! You even don't need to remove the bottom cover of the laptop! I'm quite disappointed to have waited so much time, it would have been far more comfortable to proceed to the exchange months ago! Anyway everything works fine now, many thanks for the help.

Cheers!

• billsey

Good to hear, even after this much time. :)