Enduro Urban N3 EUN314A-51WG-7087 - upgrading to Win 11 from 10 on new machine froze.

Gav
Gav Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in TravelMate and Extensa
Hi all,
After trying to upgrade to Windows 11 the computer is in an endless login loop. It won't let me roll back, or repair. Keeps getting to "Error Code: 0xc0000001" if I do finally get through to the OS it looks to be a combination of Win 10 and 11 with only certain parts working and then promptly freezes, same in Safe Mode. 

Tried using a USB boot for both Win 10 and then Win 11, attempted both numerous times and get either the 
“Automatic Repair couldn’t repair your PC” or the message about needing to upgrade from within windows itself.  

Just wondering if there's a way to format the drive via the BIOS before doing a fresh install of Windows 11?   

Cheers, Gav

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example AN515-55-58VH. What happens when you press alt+f10 before the acer logo.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gav

Tinkerer

Thanks for the response.  
    model: EUN314A-51WG-7087

As for Alt+F10, at present can't remember.  Gave up trying to sort the issue on Saturday, have just tried firing up the laptop and all that is happening is fan is spinning up and keyboard lights are showing but no activity from the screen.  Will give it another few tries.  

Thanks,
    Gav.
  • Gav

Tinkerer

Hi all, 
    Seems it may be more than software issues.  Tried restarting 10 times and never gets passed the keyboard lighting up and occasionally fan starting.  Also tried with external monitor.  As well as leaving it for half an hour just to see what happens. 

Very frustrating, seems need to return but have set it up with my Microsoft account and have no way to reset information.  

Hopefully Acer's return/repair system goes smoothly, never had issues with my other 2 Acer Laptops. 

Cheers,
    Gav. 
  • Try resetting the battery: turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gav

Tinkerer

Battery reset worked.  
    ALT+F10 
    Choose your keyboard.
    Choose an Option - Continue - Troubleshoot - Turn off PC.
    Troubleshoot: Advanced options - start-up repair - command prompt - uninstall updates - UEFI Firmware settings - System Restore - System Image Recovery.

Start-Up Repair: couldn't repair your PC - gets the "C:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt" error.
    Then computer freezes on the screen for options for "Shut Down" or "Advanced options", now back to the no screen issue redoing your above process. 

Restore system files and settings:
    "No restore points..."

Uninstall Updates:
    Uninstall the latest quality update.
    We ran into a problem and won't be able to uninstall the latest quality update of Windows".

Have tried all the Troubleshoot options before but hadn't taken record of exact errors.  

That's as far as I've got, currently waiting the half hour to try again.  

Cheers,
    Gav. 

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gav

Tinkerer

Thanks for all the help, sorry for delay, tried both options that took awhile. 
    "Keep my files" got stuck at 59% and sat for 2 hours before I rebooted it. 
    "Remove everything" got stuck at 53% and sat for 4 hours before I rebooted causing "The computer restarted unexpectedly" window loop before it went into a new screen:
    "Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool" (it showed the window options of the mdsched command from inside Windows) I left that run over night but when I went to bed it was stuck at "Running test pass 2 of 2: 13% complete.  Overall test status 56% complete"

it was still the same this morning.  

Cheers,
    Gav. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    If the memory diagnostic tools is hanging then there might actually be a memory error. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gav

Tinkerer

Thanks, will return it to Acer and see if there's anything that can be done.  Really like the machine, only had it 3 weeks but it must have been dud from the beginning and the Windows 11 update forced the issue.  

Thanks everyone for the help.  Really appreciate it. 
    Cheers,
    Gav. 
  • Gav

Tinkerer

Anyone know how long a fix like this normally takes? It's been back with Acer for almost 2 weeks and I've heard nothing.

Cheers,

Gav.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

It's very dependent on your locale and the service center working on your machine. Some have better parts stock than others, some are busier than others...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gav

Tinkerer

Thanks Billsey, much appreciated.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022

Gav, just as an additional advice to you and to add to the advice abovehow did you do the Win-11 install? Did you do an upgrade from Win-10 Pro that this laptop comes with or a clean install? As that could be where all these problems stem from, as this laptops previous Win-10 Pro files might be clashing and cause these errors by conflicting previous drivers.

My suggestion to you is to start fresh and do a clean install of Win-11 onto this laptop. Get the Win-11 MS installation files from Microsoft and put them on a 8GB USB, also and prior to the Win-11 clean install also have ready on another USB the IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver Version: 18.0.0.1135 for your SSD M.2 boot drive (as without this the Win-11 install process won't recognize your boot drive) as you need to completely "Delete/Format" through the Win-11 install your boot drive from all data on it.

Then and when you have Win-11 installed and working 100% do a bios update to this laptops last Enduro EUN314A-51WG-7087 bios which is the Fixed DC-JACK 65W + Battery < 30% will happen Lag issue. Version 1.42 and then also install all the "Windows Updates" and install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant so that this scan installs all the appropriate and latest Intel drivers for your laptop and also install the last NVIDIA Win-11 GeForce MX330 driver.

These above steps are the only way to do a workable and an appropriate install of Win-11 for your laptop as only then you can have a good operating system. As and if you have your previous problems still happening, then you should look at the certain components failures in your laptop, as doing any diagnostic and/or memory checks are not 100% correct and could give you a false guide as they in majority of cases don't really show anything and really are finicky and too detailed e.g. as I did a ram check like MemTest86 on my laptop that said that my ram is faulty but there is nothing wrong and/or have I every had problems with my laptops ram or memory. Anyway, hope this can help[ you out further and be some sort of a solution, good luck.

• Gav

Tinkerer

Sorry for the delay in responding. The laptop was sent away as there was something wrong, it had to have the motherboard replaced.

It was all working fine and then today, went to update to the latest update of Win 11 and the exact same thing happened! Not having much luck with this machine, very surprised as my other 2 Acers are fantastic.

Cheers,

Gav.

• Gav

Tinkerer

Thanks StevenGen, I look to be having some luck. As Windows 11 was already installed I needed the "Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RAID) for Windows 11* for Intel® NUC Kit NUC12DCM and Intel® NUC Compute Element NUC12EDB" - Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RAID) for Windows 11* for Intel® NUC Kit NUC12DCM and Intel® NUC Compute Element NUC12EDB - to get it to find the SSD.

I really appreciate the help. Haven't had this much trouble with a computer since working as a sys admin in the early 2000s, when we had a few 100 computers with a mix of Win2.1, Win3x, Win95, 98, ME, 2000, NT4 and XP.

I'm old now, had a few strokes, and am a bit slow with working things out. It's why I wanted a tough computer as I keep having spasms and dropping laptops, lost a good Gigabyte gaming machine to a bad spasm. Whoops!

Thanks again for the help!

Cheers,

Gav.

• You also try to change sata mode to ahci or disable vmd controller in bios. This would make installing windows easier. Just access the bios, go to the main tab and press ctrl+s. If an option called SATA MODE appears, just change it to ahci. If an option called VMD CONTROLLER appears, just turn it off.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer