What replacement displays to buy for XF240Q?

TheGhostKillz
TheGhostKillz Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hey everyone,

First... I don't need any guide just pure info please, perhaps an explanation or some photos, thanks.

I'd like to fix my monitor but don't feel like buying a screen from Acer for like 200 €/$... so I've found several used monitors from marketplaces from which I could take out the displays. The only problem is that they are the same (in all regards) but they have different name (?). Like I could just buy a used KG241Q? (perfectly fine and for 100 €) and just swap out the displays couldn't I? (they're even made in the same month lol) Same size, same characteristics? I can't really take a look at the compatibility of the ports etc or whether if it will even work so that's why I'm asking over here... otherwise I'd just risk it x)

What's damaged:
btw I've spilled some water so I have 5x2cm of dead pixels, bottom left + I accidentally bumped into it with my PC sideplate so I've got a solid 3 cm crack top right (just the first-protective plate is cracked). Works fine but not so pretty to look at.  I'll be fixing it in about a month anyways cause I'm a broke IT vocational high-school graduate...  So that's another reason why I wouldn't mind just jamming anything that could theoretically work into it D
Anything else is completely fine   

Thanks in advance!
Hello from Czechia where Acer support has it's weekend off right now and I'm not even sure they'd approve of this D

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Save yourself headaches and money. Don't try to fix it. Probably has other hidden issues. And the risk of causing collateral damage while tearing it apart is also pretty high.  Wait till you can find another used XF240Q and save the old one for parts.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The description of the panel is pretty cryptic, KL.2360D.002 750GBN236GEK52N000. Under the spare parts listing it's a bit better: LCD LED PANEL INNOLUX 23.6 FHD NONE GLARE M236HGE-L20 C5 LF 300NIT 5MS 1000:1. The issue with just picking up a different 23.6" display is the mounting arrangement might be different enough to make it a royal pain to install.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Save yourself headaches and money. Don't try to fix it. Probably has other hidden issues. And the risk of causing collateral damage while tearing it apart is also pretty high.  Wait till you can find another used XF240Q and save the old one for parts.

Jack E/NJ

• TheGhostKillz

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    I'm a broke IT graduate so damaging stuff is not an issue of mine (only thing I've damaged so far is my first screen replacement on an already messed up phone, didn't clear all the old glue so I made a small crack)
  • TheGhostKillz

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    The description of the panel is pretty cryptic, KL.2360D.002 750GBN236GEK52N000. Under the spare parts listing it's a bit better: LCD LED PANEL INNOLUX 23.6 FHD NONE GLARE M236HGE-L20 C5 LF 300NIT 5MS 1000:1. The issue with just picking up a different 23.6" display is the mounting arrangement might be different enough to make it a royal pain to install.

Just saying that I don't want to look at some second hand monitor that's actually messed up, mine has just damaged screen, everything else works and is fine. I even disassambled it twice, once out of curiosity and second time to dry the water spill...
    So I just need an INNOLUX 23.6 M236HGE-L20 then? Which Acer monitors have that one?

• JackE
    Why limit yourself to Acer?  The MT236FHM-N10 23.6 is commonly used in Dell, Lenovo, Asus, HP, Acer etc 24"monitors. Simply google search keywords MT236FHM-N10 & 23.6 for sellers willing to ship it to your location.

Jack E/NJ