Hey,
i resetted my laptop and the keyboard light aint workin
help

Best Answer

• Halfborn
    Halfborn Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    i encountered a similar problem with the keyboard backlight timeout i disconnected and reconnected the backlight cable and disconnected the battery completely it somehow solved the issue lemme know if it helps....

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Try pressing F10 or FN+F10 to light up keyboard.

Jack E/NJ

• if it doesn't work pressing fn+f10, try pressing just the f10 key.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • VasishthG
    VasishthG Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I tried fn+f10 and f10
    Both are not workin :/
  • JackE
    If you reset it because the backlight wasn't working, then the backlight connector has probably come loose from the mainboard. 11 screws and  bottom cover must be removed to access this connector near the RAM sockets.

Jack E/NJ

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • VasishthG

Tinkerer

The backlight works when the system is booting up 
  • JackE
    Tap F2 key on startup to enter the BIOS menu. Go to MAIN tab and disable keyboard backlight timeout. Press F10 to save settings and exit.

Jack E/NJ

• VasishthG

Tinkerer

still doesent seem to work
    it is on till i log in. then its off
  • Try uninstalling nitro sense. Then press the fn+f10 keys.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• VasishthG

Tinkerer

i did try it
  • What operating system is installed? Windows 10 or 11?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    >>>Then press the fn+f10 keys.>>>i did try it >>>

Did you try it with and without FN key? How about F9 with and without FN key?

Jack E/NJ

• VasishthG

Tinkerer

f9 and fn+f9 also not working
  • JackE
    >>>The backlight works when the system is booting up  >>>

Please post a phone photo the BIOS Main tab. Also  run Acer Care Center and post a screenshot of its startup screen.

Jack E/NJ

• Halfborn
    Halfborn Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    i encountered a similar problem with the keyboard backlight timeout i disconnected and reconnected the backlight cable and disconnected the battery completely it somehow solved the issue lemme know if it helps....