My Acer nitro 5 RTX 3060 is not performing as it should.

TyroneChalaga
TyroneChalaga Member Posts: 4 New User
I have an AN515-55 that ive been using for 2 weeks. I rarely used it for any games on the first few days because I was mainly using it for watching videos and etc. When i tried gaming however the performance was fine but I was noticing lower FPS than it should have for example, fortnite on maximum epic settings easily reaches 100fps above on the same laptop specs someone on youtube has (My specs are RTX 3060, i7 10750h, and a single stick of 3200mhz 16gb ram thats running in 2933mhz for some reason.) And in games like GTA V i get around 50 - 70fps and sometimes it drops to 40+ on max settings as well, in valorant i get like 110fps on average (max settings) which sometimes drop to 60 - 70 which kinda bugs me cuz its a competitive game and considering the specs i have i dont think it should be performing like this. And switching to lower graphical settings on any of these games barely increases my fps for some reason so I just leave them on highest. Ive tried setting my max processing state from 100 to 99 and it did help my temps as well but it did lower my gaming fps only by a little bit which doesnt really affect me too much. Is there an issue here that i am not aware about? How can i make it perform better atleast? Is the single channel the problem? I doubt single channel 16gb ram would severely affect performance though but im not tech savy so it might actually be the case. I have the latest drivers, set nvidia graphics as my main graphics for everything, tried setting to high performance mode. Any help would do thank you. (i apologize for making this so long i just wanna leave everything there so it would be easier to explain)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    While the GPU may be fully capable of delivering much higher refresh or frame rates, the main factor affecting actual screen rates is the nature of internal or external screen that the GPU is driving as shown in the charts below. As shown, they can vary widely depending on the model of the internal or external screen.

Jack E/NJ

• TyroneChalaga
    JackE said:
    While the GPU may be fully capable of delivering much higher refresh or frame rates, the main factor affecting actual screen rates is the nature of internal or external screen that the GPU is driving as shown in the charts below. As shown, they can vary widely depending on the model of the internal or external screen.

I have the 144hz version. I have vsync on off as well.
  • JackE
    What temps are you seeing?

Jack E/NJ

• TyroneChalaga
    JackE said:
    What temps are you seeing?
    Since I turned off turbo boost off my temps rarely ever reaches beyond 80 but whenever i turn on turbo boost the temps can reach a max of 97 degrees.
  • JackE
    Way too hot! Laptop should be raised about an inch above a hard surface when using demanding games and apps. Also make sure that the air intake and exhaust vents are not blocked.

Jack E/NJ

• TyroneChalaga
    JackE said:
    Way too hot! Laptop should be raised about an inch above a hard surface when using demanding games and apps. Also make sure that the air intake and exhaust vents are not blocked.
    Ohhh i will definitely try that out. Yeahhh i do feel like it gets too hot as well, sometimes in heavy gaming my laptop loses battery to 95% while its plugged in and slowly goes back up to 100% after a while. Do you reckon a stand or a cooling pad would help?
  • JackE
    >>>Do you reckon a stand or a cooling pad would help? >>>

Yes. My laptop sits on top of a raised toaster oven rack. About 10°C cooler than without it.

Jack E/NJ