Windows 10, 21 H2 re-installed, from acer support which update should I install confuse need help

Ari94
Ari94 Member Posts: 56 Die Hard WiFi Icon
Hi, recently IT guys re-installed Windows 10, 21 H2. It seems they used Acer care center also.
On the following link
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7332?b=1 There so many updates even warning,
" Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution." I am confused how should I know what to install for updating drivers, bios etc.
Any guidance and help will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Best Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Most drivers are installed automatically by Windows. The drivers on the acer site provide the basic functionality. If you don't have any problems, you do not need to do anything. If you have problems with a driver, you can install it from the Acer support site. As far as BIOS updates are concerned: it is not essential to perform a BIOS update if the system is working fine and there are no issues. However, if an update fixes bugs that will benefit you, you should do it. Important for the update: Fully charge the battery beforehand, don't press any keys during the update and don't interrupt the power supply under any circumstances. If something goes wrong during the BIOS update, a previously functional machine can quickly become a paperweight. If you want to update the BIOS, take the latest version.The versions are cummulative.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    What is the exact model? Example AN515-55-58VH. You may need to disassemble the laptop to check the touchpad.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• wascas
    Answer ✓
    Most drivers are installed automatically by Windows. The drivers on the acer site provide the basic functionality. If you don't have any problems, you do not need to do anything. If you have problems with a driver, you can install it from the Acer support site. As far as BIOS updates are concerned: it is not essential to perform a BIOS update if the system is working fine and there are no issues. However, if an update fixes bugs that will benefit you, you should do it. Important for the update: Fully charge the battery beforehand, don't press any keys during the update and don't interrupt the power supply under any circumstances. If something goes wrong during the BIOS update, a previously functional machine can quickly become a paperweight. If you want to update the BIOS, take the latest version.The versions are cummulative.
  • Ari94
    wascas said:

Wascas, thank you very much for the detailed reply.
    I was not aware of some precautions you have talked about specially battery.
    Right now the only problem I face is the touch pad right click need to much try then I can use. Touch pad right click work in several attempts. Otherwise I do not see any problem in acer.
    Any Idea what should I do for touch pad. (I am not using mouse).
    Thank you
  • wascas
    Probably the right click button of the touchpad is sluggish due to wear or dust. You can contact your local Acer service center to get the problem fixed.

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    What is the exact model? Example AN515-55-58VH. You may need to disassemble the laptop to check the touchpad.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ari94

Egydiocoelho Muito obrigado. Modelo Aspire E5-576. Desmontar Laptop, não, não.

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ari94

Oh meu Deus, não, não, não posso reparar o touchpad. Muito obrigado