There is no power Acer Predator Helios 300 ( 2019 ) PH317-52-70U8 , what could I try?

MinniPurple
MinniPurple Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited August 2022 in Predator Laptops
I reset the pinhole on my Acer because the orange battery light was flashing.
But the whole Acer is dead now. There is no power at all, all the lights are out.

It is Acer Predator Helios 300 ( 2019 ) PH317-52-70U8

The orange light has flashed before and after pressing the pinhole, I was able to restart the machine.
(Then I used up the battery before I put the power cord back in.) But now nothing.

I tried holding the power button for a long time, about a minute... and tried again with and without the power cord,
but nothing happened.

What now?

[ edited the title to add model name ]

Answers

• I would start by testing the power adapter. If the power adapter is getting 19.5v then it's a motherboard problem. It is very likely that there is a problem with the voltages. Any mosfet, capacitor or resistor referring to ac\dc voltage. Have you tried disconnecting the battery too?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MinniPurple

Tinkerer

Hi, thanks for your replies!

The machine cannot be scanned when it is not powered. The machine has its own command prompt scan and it should be used, not any external software.

The pin hole on the bottom of the machine is for removing the battery. Like I said, that's where the problem came from.

I have no equipment to test the flow of electricity, and no equipment if any parts/connections need to be repaired.

Sure, it's possible that some part isn't working... just thought if there's something else you can try. ( Someone once talked about a special hibernation of the machine...? ) The breakdown just when I remove the battery made me think about what else could have happened...

• MinniPurple

Tinkerer

Hmm, if you meant whether I have opened the bottom of the machine and actually removed the battery... I haven't tried that.

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MinniPurple

Tinkerer

Update:

I took the machine to computer service because it didn't come back to life... They found a fault in the motherboard ( I don't know more precisely because the machine is still being serviced ).

Well, at the same time they get to clean the interior of the machine and replace the thermal pastes... and solve a few other problems ( e.g. the machine doesn't always turn off properly ).

• MinniPurple

Tinkerer

"The machine cannot be scanned when it is not powered. The machine has its own command prompt scan and it should be used, not any external software"

I wrote this in my answer August 7, because someone had previously also left a comment here, about some amazing software that should be used to check the machine. 🤨🙄😮

Fortunately, that answer has now been deleted. Never trust such answers!

• I would like to know the problem the technician encountered.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer