The Screws to my LCD support hinge have snapped off. Acer Aspire 3 Model N19C1

Charlie17Bucket
Charlie17Bucket Member Posts: 4 New User
So not actually my laptop as enquiring fof my stepfather but he opened his laptop on Thursday morning and the screws holding his LCD screen on the right hand side popped off. As a result the screen dropped but now we are on the hunt for the screws as the little feet/thread plastic  bits have broken on the screw but not the case. Diameter is 6mm and full length is 7mm or 6mm. I used to repair Dell laptops as a job so not afraid to repair this but not sure what they are called or where to order from? My stepfather was quoted £100 to repair just the screws (funny big thick plastic things with a yellow screw thread in the middle). Any help muchly appreciated😊

Ps. Hope I have the correct series as he has a Acer Aspire 3 Model N19C1

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    If all you need are the screws (not the embedded nuts or standoffs), just google search laptop screw kit. Amazon has dozens of kits each with 100s of screws in thread sizes and length that fit the nooks and crannies of most laptops. Usually less than $10. The screw list shown below are all those that should be in your stepdad's machine. Any nuts or standoffs that broke off along with the plastic, can be re-attached to the main plastic body using  JBWeld 2-part epoxy.

Jack E/NJ

• What is the exact model? Example A515-55-58VH.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Charlie17Bucket
    JackE said:
    If all you need are the screws (not the embedded nuts or standoffs), just google search laptop screw kit. Amazon has dozens of kits each with 100s of screws in thread sizes and length that fit the nooks and crannies of most laptops. Usually less than $10. The screw list shown below are all those that should be in your stepdad's machine. Any nuts or standoffs that broke off along with the plastic, can be re-attached to the main plastic body using  JBWeld 2-part epoxy.

I looked online for the screw bolt type things but nothing seems to match. They are a flat head piece of plastic and metal combo with a Philips cross in the top about 8mm in diameter, 7mm in depth and thd width of the thread end though no actual thread is 6mm. I will try and post a photo of the remains when I pop over to their house later. If all else fails looking for a screw alternative and like you said use an epoxy to hold the work around in. Never seen anything like them before as having worked on Dell's they just use normal tiny screws. The 4th one down on the list looks similar from the top but cannot see if totally correct as not a brilliant view.
  • Charlie17Bucket
    What is the exact model? Example A515-55-58VH.
    I will let you know later when I pop back over as my stepfather hasn't been very fourth coming and will post some photos of the area on the hinge I'm looking af as well as the remains of what broke off😊
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    As long as the thread sizes are the same and length similar, the head types don't matter too much. You can probably find the exact screws using the ACER part nos listed in the above image, but you'll likely pay a lot for them relative to a bulk screw kit that can get  the job done just as well. It's not like you're trying to restore it for a concours quality laptop judging contest.  :)

Jack E/NJ