Acer C22-963

Slaniq
Slaniq Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2022 in All-In-One PCs
I need your support for an AIO C22-963, I created the bootable usb with windows 10 / windows 11, but unfortunately the product does not boot. Also, I cannot change the bios from UEFI to LEGACY

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @Slaniq

If you were not able to change the UEFI to Legacy then you can try to update the BIOS and then you can check to see if that makes any difference.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,458 Trailblazer
    The BIOS must be UEFI. The F12 boot option must be enabled in the BIOS Main tab. You must use Microsoft's USB Win10 media creation tool for the bootable Win10 installation. With the machine turned off, insert the Win10 installation USB. Then turn the machine on and IMMEDIATELY start tapping the F12 key to boot from the Win10 USB installation. Because Acer OEM Win11 drivers are  not yet available, you should wait to install Win11 till a later time.

Jack E/NJ

• Slaniq
    Slaniq Member Posts: 2 New User
    @JackE - Hey, i used microsoft usb creat tool for bootable win10 (i`m not at my 1st instalation), but i also tried with a linux / ubuntu usb, also does not boot. 
    1- the AIO has ubuntu instaled (with pass user) i buyed yesterday and was the last product in store (exposed model)
    2- i tried also to with machine turned off & insert win10 usb, also same thing happened - didnt boot. (the only boot when i press F12 is the "ubuntu" already instaled
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,458 Trailblazer
    You must make absolutely sure the F12 boot option in the BIOS Main tab is enabled and actually works for a bootable USB stick. Furthermore, Windows usually must installed before Linux for dual booting. If the disk is already filled with Linux, Windows installer usually won't boot.

That's because the Linux installer configures the grub boot loader to install Linux alongside Windows and the Window Boot Manager that's already installed.

In other words, the Windows installer can't configure the Windows Boot Manager to install Windows alongside Linux & grub boot loader that's already installed.

You might be able to install Windows in non-dual grub boot mode by shrinking the already installed Linux partition with GPartEd to create enough unallocated space for a grub separate Windows partition. But the F12 boot option in the BIOS Main tab must be enabled and must actually work on startup to boot from Grub or Windows Boot Manager or a bootable USB drive.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,657 Trailblazer
    You might also have to disable Secure Boot in the BIOS, since the system came originally with Linux. Windows will have a slightly different UEFI load image. So, disable Secure Boot, save and , Enable the F12 Boot Menu, put the Windows install flash drive in a port, save and exit. When the screen first starts to light up hit the F12 key and you should get a boot menu, with all EFI boot sources listed. Choose the Windows installer and continue with the install.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.