Helios 300 2019 PH315-52 HDD00 (default empty slot) doesn't work at all Help

Ka3EeM
Ka3EeM Member Posts: 8 New User
Hi all

I own Helios 300 2019 edition GTX1660TI , that is running wind 10 and bios on 1.12 latest one,

Anyway , i bought earlier 2.5 hdd and it works perfectly 

Today i decided i need an NVMe , so i bought Crucial P2 1000GB NVMe 
and am trying to install it but it doesn't work at all 

i installed firstly on the empty slot , doesn't get recognize in BIOS nether in device manager , 

then i installed it in used slot and i put kingstone nvme in default , the new nvme gets recognize but now the kingstone doesn't (So now i now for sure the new nvme works and the problem is from the empty slot not connected with motherboard or what idk)

i tried everything , all the topics in here and unplugged everything and plugged it back , nothing . the empty slot doesn't work at all

I have my uncle who bought the same laptop with me at the same time before , he purchased an nvme and installed without any issue and no need to swap ssd as i saw in other topics that the device gets confused with bootable hdd .

Any suggestions that could make mine work ?

Thanks in advance 

Answers

• did you disconnect the lithium battery before installing the new ssd? disconnect the battery, remove the SSD, install the ssd again and connect the battery. then upload a picture of the bios information tab.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ka3EeM
    did you disconnect the lithium battery before installing the new ssd? disconnect the battery, remove the SSD, install the ssd again and connect the battery. then upload a picture of the bios information tab.
    i installed the ssd and someone suggested disconnecting the battery so i did ,

is there any difference if i disconnect and unplug ssd and plug it again ? i remove the batter while the ssd was there

about bios info tab am currently downloading something once it finishes i will post the message ,
    but its
    hdd00 name : none
    hdd00 model number : none
    hdd01 name : Kingstone ~~~~
    hdd01 model number : sdj123 ~~~
    hdd02 name : my hdd 2.5 barracuda
    hdd02 model number : asdi123~~~~

bios is 1.12 and sata mode on default RTS with premium something
  • Ka3EeM
    Ka3EeM said:
    did you disconnect the lithium battery before installing the new ssd? disconnect the battery, remove the SSD, install the ssd again and connect the battery. then upload a picture of the bios information tab.
    i installed the ssd and someone suggested disconnecting the battery so i did ,

is there any difference if i disconnect and unplug ssd and plug it again ? i remove the batter while the ssd was there

about bios info tab am currently downloading something once it finishes i will post the message ,
    but its
    hdd00 name : none
    hdd00 model number : none
    hdd01 name : Kingstone ~~~~
    hdd01 model number : sdj123 ~~~
    hdd02 name : my hdd 2.5 barracuda
    hdd02 model number : asdi123~~~~

bios is 1.12 and sata mode on default RTS with premium something
    and if i swap the SSDs it will be 
    00 : none (kingstone installed)
    01 : Crucial P2 nvme (new one)

and device wont boot at all cause its not recognizing the kingstone which has the boot and i will get no bootable device screen after predator logo
  • Ka3EeM
    any suggestions guys 
  • Can you test the crucial ssd on another computer? What happens when you change sata mode to ahci?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ka3EeM
    Can you test the crucial ssd on another computer? What happens when you change sata mode to ahci?

am sure the ssd works as i have said earlier that if i swapped slots with Kingstone original 256GB with the new, the bios detects the new ssd and doesn't recognize the kingston , am pretty sure its hardware/software type of problem related with motherboard ,

if i change sata mode to ahci , the laptop gets stuck in loophole of boot and still doesn't recognize the new ssd . after 3 attempts of enter OS and failing i will get blue screen to repair my pc .
  • OK! Try this:
    a) return sata mode to rst with optane and start windows. Windows should now start correctly.
    b) on windows, go to power options and disable fast startup:

c) then press windows+r, type msconfig, go to system boot and enable safeboot:

d) then restart windows, access the bios and change the sata mode to ahci. Press f10 to save and exit. Access bios again, go to advanced tab, sata configuration and see if all sata ports are enabled.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ka3EeM
    thank you sir for responding , 

i did what you asked for and still the driver didn't recognized by bios but somehow i managed to get in system in its ahci before i couldn't

and yes all ports are enabled .

can you think of anything that is causing this problem ?

• Ka3EeM
    I changed back to RST and now the device wont turn on . This is sad.
  • What happens when you press alt+f10 before the acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer