TheMightySquelch
TheMightySquelch Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
edited August 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
Hi!

This is the model I currently have: SFX14-41G-R8V2

Just wanted to know the following about the unit:
   USB-C: Power Delivery (65W or 100W) and the version of DisplayPort support
   HDMI: version 1.4? 2.0? 2.1?

Then, the Care Center does not provide details anymore regarding battery life, the drive/memory tests. Had a Nitro 5 early this year, and that too lost that feature with the update of Care Center. Any work-around to have the charge limit to be at 60%-80%?

Thanks in advance.

( edited the title to add the model name )

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    You can go to this link to download the Win10 or Win11 care center app updates to see if they have included the feature. Quite frankly the feature does little or nothing for battery health despite anecdotal claims on the internet. All the feature does is shorten the battery run time. But seems to  make some believers feel better because they read it somewhere on the internet so it must be true. :)

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022
    The charger should provide 20V at 65W or larger. A 100W will work fine as long as it's at 20V, though the laptop itself will only draw 65W out of that 100W available. Alt mode DP output is DP 1.2. The HDMI port is 2.1 TMDS.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TheMightySquelch
    JackE said:
    You can go to this link to download the Win10 or Win11 care center app updates to see if they have included the feature. Quite frankly the feature does little or nothing for battery health despite anecdotal claims on the internet. All the feature does is shorten the battery run time. But seems to  make some believers feel better because they read it somewhere on the internet so it must be true. :)

Thanks for the insight, just wanted to have the 80% charging limit to all my devices, even this one. No worries.
  • TheMightySquelch
    billsey said:
    The charger should provide 20V at 65W or larger. A 100W will work fine as long as it's at 20V, though the laptop itself will only draw 65W out of that 100W available. Alt mode DP output is DP 1.2. The HDMI port is 2.1 TMDS.

Great and appreciate the information billsey, been looking around for this info. 65W, 20V and the 3.25A, got it.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    No problem, glad I could help. We see a fair number of people trying to use generic USB-C chargers that don't support all the voltages available for USB-C charging and those that don't have 20V support (such as a typical phone charger) don't work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.